Experimental Investigations of the Effect of the Enrichment with Oxygen on the Stability of the Diffusion Flame from Burners with Separate Injections
This work presents an experimental study of nonpremixed combustion, which aims to study the following: first the effects of the change in the percentage of oxygen, second the effects of the change in the overall equivalence ratio, and finally the effects of the variation of the injectors’ spacing, on the stability and the length of the flame.
On the one hand, results show that the shape of the low flame is not symmetrical and that the attachment flame is shown on the side of the injection of oxygen. On the other hand, the flame length increases with an increase in wealth, with an increase in the percentage of oxygen, and with an increase in the spacing between the nozzles of the burner.
KeywordsBurners with separate injections Flame control Length of the flame Flame stability Spacing between the injectors of the burner
- Boushaki, T.: From the passive control to the active control: Application to the oxy-combustion in Burners with separate jets, doctoral thesis. University and INSA ROUEN (2007)Google Scholar
- Faivre, V.: Experimental and numerical study of the active control of jets in combustion chambers (in French). Ph.D. thesis, Institut National Polytechnique, Toulouse (2003)Google Scholar
- Lederlin, T.: Conception and experimental and numerical study of a control system of trajectory and mixture gas jets in the oxygen burners (in French). Ph.D. thesis, Institute National Polytechnique, Toulouse (2007)Google Scholar
- Lee S.: Large-Eddy simulation for combustion systems with convective heat-loss, book (2009)Google Scholar
- Mikofski Mark, A., Williams Timothy, C., Shaddix Christopher, R., Blevins Linda, G.: Effect of varied air flow on flame structure of laminar inverse diffusion flames. Western States Section/Combustion Institute (2004)Google Scholar
- Mikofski Mark, A., Williams Timothy, C., Shaddix Christopher, R., Blevins Linda, G.: Flame height measurement of laminar inverse. Combust. Flame. 146(1-2), 63–72 (2006)Google Scholar
- Salentey, L.: Experimental study of behaviour burner with separated jets: Research on a mixture of pure gas natural/oxygen, doctoral thesis. University and INSA ROUEN (2002)Google Scholar
- Sébastien Y.: Oxy-combustion of the hythane in highly separate jets burners, doctoral thesis. University and INSA ROUEN (2013)Google Scholar