In analyzing the earlier work which has been published for decades, in putting together the huge jigsaw of fragmented knowledge left to us by our masters, in adapting the recent technological improvements in the field of echography, we wish to open out a new vision in senology. Such prestigious names as Cooper, Gallager, Nakama, Going, Ueno, Tot, Stavros, Dolfin (to quote only these), and more particularly Michel Teboul, on a personal level, have been with us all these years. According to Stavros, Michel Teboul “has pioneered the anatomic approach of breast imaging” (sic).
- 1.Cooper AP. On the anatomy of the breast. London: Longman, Orme, Green, Brown, and Longmans; 1840.Google Scholar
- 3.Stavros T. Breast ultrasound. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott; 2006.Google Scholar
- 5.Teboul M, Halliwell M. Atlas of ultrasound and ductal echography of the breast. Oxford: Blackwell Science; 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.Nakama S. Comparative studies on ultrasonogram with histological structure of breast cancer: an examination in the invasive process of breast cancer and the fixation to the skin. In: Kasumi F, Ueno E, editors. Topic in breast ultrasound. Tokyo: Shinohara; 1991.Google Scholar
- 10.Ueno E. Real-time two dimensional Doppler imaging in the breast diseases. Proceedings of the 55th annual scientific meeting of Japan Society of Ultrasonics in Medicine. 1990;73–74.Google Scholar