Cluster Forests Based Fuzzy C-Means for Data Clustering
Cluster forests is a novel approach for ensemble clustering based on the aggregation of partial K-means clustering trees. Cluster forests was inspired from random forests algorithm. Cluster forests gives better results than other popular clustering algorithms on most standard benchmarks. In this paper, we propose an improved version of cluster forests using fuzzy C-means clustering. Results shows that the proposed Fuzzy Cluster Forests system gives better clustering results than cluster forests for eight standard clustering benchmarks from UC Irvine Machine Learning Repository.
KeywordsCluster forest Clustering Ensemble clustering Optimization Fuzzy logic
The authors would like to acknowledge the financial support of this work by grants from General Direction of Scientific Research (DGRST), Tunisia, under the ARUB program.
- 3.Kalti, K., Mahjoub, M.A.: Image segmentation by gaussian mixture models and modified FCM algorithm. Int. Arab J. Inf. Technol. 11(1), 11–18 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Andrew, N., Jordan, M.I., Weiss, Y.: On spectral clustering: Analysis and an algorithm. Adv. Neural Inf. Process. Syst. 2, 849–856 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Begum, S.A., Devi, M.O.: A rough type-2 fuzzy clustering algorithm for MR image segmentation. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 54(4), 4–11 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Lichman, M.: UCI machine learning repository (2016). http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml
- 11.Jan, J., Gajdoš, P., Radecký, M., Snášel, V.: Application of bio-inspired methods within cluster forest algorithm. In: Proceedings of the Second International Afro-European Conference for Industrial Advancement AECIA (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Ayed, A.B., Halima, M.B., A1imi, A.M.: Survey on clustering methods: towards fuzzy clustering for big data. In: 6th International Conference of Soft Computing and Pattern Recognition (SoCPaR), pp. 331–336, Tunis, Tunisia (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Ayed, A.B., Halima, M.B., A1imi, A.M.: MapReduce based text detection in big data natural scene videos. In: INNS Conference Big Data 2015, BigData’2015, San Francisco, USA, 08–10 August 2015Google Scholar
- 14.Ayed, A.B., Halima, M.B., A1imi, A.M.: Big data analytics for logistics and transportation. In: Fourth IEEE International Conference on Advanced Logistics and Transport, IEEE ICALT’2015, Valenciennes, France, pp. 311–316, 20–22 May (2015)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.