A Multiresolution Approach for Blind Watermarking of 3D Meshes Using Spiral Scanning Method
During the last decade, the flow of 3D objects is increasingly used everywhere. This wide range of applications and the necessity to exchange 3D meshes via internet raise major security problems. As a solution, we propose a blind watermarking algorithm for 3D multi-resolution meshes ensuring a good compromise between invisibility, insertion rate and robustness while minimizing the amount of memory used during the execution of our algorithm. To this end, spiral scanning method is applied. It decomposes the mesh into GOTs (a Group Of Triangles). At each time, only one GOT will be loaded into memory to be watermarked. It undergoes a wavelet transform, a modulation then embedding data. Once finished, the memory will be released to upload the next GOT. This process is stopped when the entire mesh is watermarked. Experimental tests showed that the quality of watermarked meshes is kept despite the high insertion rate used and that memory consumption is very reduced (until 24 % of memory reduction). As for the robustness, our algorithm overcomes the most popular attacks in particular compression. A comparison with literature showed that our algorithm gives better results than those recently published.
KeywordsDigital watermarking 3D multiresolution meshes Wavelet transform Spiral scanning
- 1.Chao, H.L., Min, W.C., Jyun, Y.C., Cheng, W.Y., Wei, Y.H.: A high-capacity distortion-free information hiding algorithm for 3D polygon models. Int. J. Innovative Comput. Inf. Control 9(3), 1321–1335 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Charfeddine, M., Elarbi, M., Ben Amar, C.: A blind audio watermarking scheme based on neural network and psychoacoustic model with error correcting code in wavelet domain. In: IEEE International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Charfeddine, M., Elarbi, M., Ben-Amar, C.: A new DCT audio watermarking scheme based on preliminary mp3 study application to video watermarking. Int. J. Multimedia Tools Appl. 70(3), 1–37 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Charfeddine, M., Elarbi, M., Koubaa, M., Ben Amar, C.: DCT based blind audio watermarking scheme. In: IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Multimedia Applications (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Dae, J.C.: Watermarking scheme of mpeg-4 laser object for mobile device. Int. J. Secur. Appl. 9(1), 305–312 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Elarbi, M., Ben Amar, C., Nicholas, H.: A dynamic video watermarking scheme in the DWT domain. In: International Conference on Signal Processing and Communications (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Elarbi, M., Charfeddine, M., Masmoudi, S., Koubaa, M., Ben Amar, C.: Video watermarking algorithm with BCH error correcting codes hidden in audio channel. In: IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Cyber Security (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Elarbi, M., Koubaa, M., Ben Amar, C.: A wavelet networks approach for image watermarking. Int. J. Comput. Intell. Inf. Secur. 1(1), 34–43 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Elkefi, A.: Compression des maillages 3D multiresolutions de grandes precisions (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Hitendra, G., Krishna, K., K., Manish, G., Suneeta, A.: Uniform selection of vertices for watermark embedding in 3-D polygon mesh using IEEE754 floating point representation. In: International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, pp. 788–792 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Jen-Tse, W., Yi-Ching, C., Shyr-Shen, Y., Chun-Yuan, Y.: Hamming code based watermarking scheme for 3D model verification. In: International Symposium on Computer, Consumer and Control, pp. 1095–1098 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Jinrong, W., Jieqing, F., Yongwei, M.: A robust confirmable watermarking algorithm for 3D mesh based on manifold harmonics analysis. Int. J. Comput. Graph. 28(11), 1049–1062 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Sayahi, I., Elkefi, A., Koubaa, M., Ben Amar, C.: Robust watermarking algorithm for 3D multiresolution meshes. In: International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications, pp. 150–157 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.Xiao, Z., Qing, Z.: A DCT-based dual watermarking algorithm for three-dimensional mesh models. In: International Conference on Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks, pp. 1509–1513 (2012)Google Scholar
- 20.Ying, Y., Ruggero, P., Holly, R., Ioannis, I.: A 3d steganalytic algorithm and steganalysis-resistant watermarking. IEEE Trans. Vis. Comput. Graph. 1–12 (2016)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.