Benchmarking and Decision Making in the IVF Laboratory
Measuring the performance of the IVF laboratory is important for the purpose of monitoring current activities and also for further development. Although the most common indicator of performance is the clinics’ pregnancy rate, the IVF laboratory needs to monitor a larger number of parameters to acquire sufficient information of the daily processes. The chapter details the most common key performance indicators and suggests benchmark levels as well as gives advice on how to evaluate them. Aspects of improving decision making are discussed.
KeywordsKPI Benchmarking Trouble shooting Quality control Assisted reproduction Decision making
- 6.Groopman J. How doctors think. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company; 2007.Google Scholar
- 7.Kahneman D. Thinking, fast and slow. New York: Farrar Straus Giroux; 2011.Google Scholar
- 8.Bazerman MH, Moore DA. Judgment in managerial decision making. 7th ed. Hoboken: Wiley; 2009.Google Scholar
- 11.Flin RH, O’Connor P, Crichton M. Safety at the sharp end: a guide to non-technical skills. Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing, Ltd.; 2008.Google Scholar
- 12.Bruzelius LH, Skärvad P-H. Integrerad organisationslära (Integrated organization theory). 9th ed. Lund: Studentlitteratur; 2008.Google Scholar