Application to Cyber-Physical Systems
In this chapter we present examples of application of the consensus-based algorithms introduced in Chaps. 2 and 3 to representative Cyber-Physical Systems like: (i) mobile wireless body area networks for patient monitoring; (ii) wireless networked monitoring systems to estimate in a distributed way a physical variable of interest; and (iii) wireless robot autonomous systems. Design and co-design procedures to tune algorithm parameters are outlined and simulation validation results are presented.
- 4.IEEE 802.15 WPAN 17 Task Group 6 (TG6) Body Area Networks (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Misra, S., Tiwari, V., Obaidat, M.: Improving QoS for ECG data transmission with enhanced admission control in EDCA-based WLANs. IEEE Globecom (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Zvikhachevskaya, A., Markarian, G., Mihaylova, L.: Quality of service consideration for the wireless telemedicine and e-health services. IEEE Wirel. Commun. Netw. Conf. (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Ohlin, M., Henriksson, D., Cervin, A.: TRUETIME 1.5 17 Reference manual. Department of automatic control lund university (2007). Available on http://www.control.lth.se/truetime/
- 16.Jin, Z., Murray, R.M.: Multi-hop relay protocols for fast consensus seeking. IEEE Conf. Decis, Control, San Diego (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Zig-Bee Alliance. Available on http://www.zigbee.org/en/index.asp
- 18.Zhang ,Y., Gulliver, T.A.: Quality of service for ad hoc on-demand distance vector routing. IEEE Int. Conf. Wirel. Mobile Comput. (2005)Google Scholar
- 20.Kumar, A., Altman, E., Miorandi, D., Goyal, M.: New insights from a fixed point analysis of single cell IEEE 802.11 WLANs. IEEE INFOCOM (2005)Google Scholar
- 30.Frezzetti, A., Manfredi, S.: Enhancing wireless networked monitoring system sustainability by multi hop consensus algorithm. Environmental Energy and Structural Monitoring Systems (EESMS) (2014)Google Scholar
- 31.Di Tucci, E., Manfredi, S., Sansone, C., De Vito, S.: A new NARX based Semi Supervised Learning algorithm for pollutant estimation. Environmental Energy and Structural Monitoring Systems (EESMS) (2014)Google Scholar
- 32.Frezzetti, A., Manfredi, S., Suardi, A.: Adaptive FOCV-based Contro Scheme to improve the MPP Tracking Performance: an experimental validation. IFAC 19th World Congress (2014)Google Scholar
- 34.Manfredi, S., Suardi, A.: Optimization-based procedure to support sensor network co-design: An application to dynamic consensus problem Control and Automation (MED). 22nd Mediterranean Conference of 2014 (2014)Google Scholar
- 35.Manfredi, S., Pagano, M.: On the use of Ultracapacitor to support Microgrid Photovoltaic Power System. IEEE International Conference on Clean Electric Power-ICCEP (2011)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.