Adaptive Decentralized Controller for Regulating an Elastic Coupled Multi-motor System
Elastic coupled multi-machine system (ECMMS) is a one of the MIMO nonlinear complicated systems in industry. In such system, mechanical vibrations are resulted due to mechanical elastic coupling through shafts of the multiple motors of the system. One solution is to apply local controller for each motor of the system. The local controllers have to be adaptive to maintain the alignment irrespective of multiple or shared load variations and other variable disturbances. So, this paper presents a method to equalize against the resulted mechanical oscillation, and to maintain the alignment among motors in the ECMMS by designing a decentralized control system associated with an adaptation method of the parameters of local controllers to be automatically adapted with variable operating conditions. An experimental set-up of ECMMS is used to apply the proposed approach practically. The simulation data are compared to the real time data provided from the experimental set-up.
KeywordsElastic coupled multi-motor system Adaptive PID Decentralized control
- 3.Ohmae, T., Matsuda, T., Kanno, M., Saito, K., Sukegawa, T.: A microprocessor-based motor speed regulator using fast-response state observer for reduction of torsional vibration. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 5, 863–871 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Ozaki, S.: A microprocessor-based dc motor drive with a state observer for impact drop suppression. In: Conference Record-IEEE-IAS Annual Meeting (1983)Google Scholar
- 5.Brandenburg, G., Wolfermann, W.: State observers for multi motor drives in processing machines with continuous moving webs. In: Proceedings of Power Electronics and Application, vol. 16. Brüssel (1985)Google Scholar
- 6.Dhaouadi, R., Kubo, K., Tobise, M.: Robust speed control of rolling mill drive systems using the loop transfer recovery design methodology. In: 1991 International Conference on Industrial Electronics. Control and Instrumentation, 1991 Proceedings. IECON’91. IEEE (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Lacasta, A., Morales-Hernández, M., Brufau, P., García-Navarro, P.: Simulation of PID control applied to irrigation channels procedia. Engineering 70, 978–987 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Arduino and Genuino products > Arduino MEGA 2560 and Genuino MEGA 2560. https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMega2560. Last update (2016)
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.