On the Intrinsic Relation of Linear Dynamical Systems and Higher Order Neural Units
This paper summarizes the fundamental construction of higher-order-neural-units (HONU) as a class of polynomial function based neural units, which are though non-linear discrete time models, are linear in their parameters. From this a relation will be developed, ultimately leading to a new definition for analysing the global stability of a HONU, not only as a model itself, but further as a means of justifying the global dynamic stability of the whole control loop under HONU feedback control. This paper is organised to develop the fundamentals behind this intrinsic relation of linear dynamic systems and HONUs accompanied by a theoretical example to illustrate the functionality and principles of the concept.
KeywordsAdaptive control Higher-order neural units (HONUs) Gradient descent (GD) Levenberg-Marquardt (LM) Batch propagation through time (BPTT)
The authors of this paper would like to acknowledge the following study grant for its support SGS12/177/OHK2/3T/12
- 2.Bukovsky, I., Hou, Z.-G., Bila, J., Gupta, M.M.: Foundation of notation and classification of nonconventional static and dynamic neural units. In: 6th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics, pp. 401–407 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Solo, G.M.: Fundamentals of higher order neural networks for modeling and simulation. Artif. High. Order Neural Netw. Model. Simul. (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Song, K.-Y., Redlapalli, S., Gupta, M.M.: Cubic neural unit for control applications. In: Fourth International Symposium on Uncertainty Modeling and Analysis, ISUMA 2003, pp. 324–329 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Bukovsky, I., Redlapalli, S., Gupta, M.M.: Quadratic and cubic neural units for identification and fast state feedback control of unknown nonlinear dynamic systems. In: Fourth International Symposium on Uncertainty Modeling and Analysis, ISUMA 2003, pp. 330–334 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Benes, P., Bukovsky, I.: Neural network approach to hoist deceleration control. In: 2014 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), pp. 1864–1869 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Bukovsky, I., Benes, P., Slama M.: Laboratory systems control with adaptively tuned higher order neural units. In: Silhavy, R., Senkerik, R., Oplatkova, Z.K., Prokopova, Z., Silhavy, P. (eds.) Intelligent Systems in Cybernetics and Automation Theory. Springer International Publishing, pp. 275–284 (2015)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.