Design and Implementation of an Integrated System with Secure Encrypted Data Transmission
The aim of this work is to describe the developed system which provides broad integration and better protection against a sabotage than commonly used systems. The communication bus which is used for message transmission is named Controller Area Network. The security of the CAN bus communication is ensured by the implementation of 3DES encryption method with regular changing of the cipher key. One of the main parts describes a designed database, a method of key assignment, a data encryption, a method of device addressing and a collision protection. Finally, the protocol testing is depicted.
KeywordsProtocol 3DES Addressing Collision Encryption
- 1.Hanacek, A., Sysel, M.: the methods of testing and possibility to overcome the protection against sabotage of analog intrusion alarm systems. Intell. Syst. Cybern. Autom. Theory 119–128 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Hanacek, A., Sysel, M.: Universal system developed for usage in analog intrusion alarm systems. Intell. Syst. Cybern. Autom. Theory 129–138 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Xiao, H., Lu C.: Modeling and simulation analysis of CAN-bus on bus body. In: 2010 International Conference on Computer Application and System Modeling (ICCASM), vol. 12, pp. V12-205, V12-208, 22–24 Oct 2010. doi: 10.1109/ICCASM.2010.5622238
- 4.Jiang, Y., Liang, B.R., Ren, R.: Design and implementation of CAN-bus experimental system. In: 2011 6th International Forum on Strategic Technology (IFOST), vol. 2, pp. 655, 659, 22–24 Aug 2011 doi: 10.1109/IFOST.2011.6021111
- 5.VOSS, Wilfried: A Comprehensible Guide to Controller Area Network. 2. vyd. Canada: Copperhill Media Corporation (2005). ISBN 0976511606Google Scholar
- 6.Li, R., Wu, J., Wang, H., Li, G.: Design method of CAN BUS network communication structure for electric vehicle. In: 2010 International Forum on Strategic Technology (IFOST), pp. 326, 329, 13–15 Oct 2010Google Scholar
- 7.Vehicle Test Data Visualization and Processing. Prague, 2011. Diploma thesis. CZECH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY IN PRAGUEGoogle Scholar
- 8.SPURN, Frantiek. Controller Area Network. Automatizace. 41, 7, s. 397–400 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Device for transmitting messages on CANbus. Plzen, 2012. Diploma thesis. University of West BohemiaGoogle Scholar
- 10.Implementation of Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg (2011). ISBN 978-3-642-18439-0Google Scholar
- 11.Understanding and Using the Controller Area Network Communication Protocol. Springer Science Business Media, London (2012). ISBN 978-1-4614-0313-5Google Scholar
- 12.Measurement system with CAN interface. Plzen, 2013. Diploma thesis. University of West BohemiaGoogle Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.