A Matlab Program for Analysis of Robust Stability Under Parametric Uncertainty
The main aim of this contribution is to present a Matlab program for robust stability analysis of families of polynomials with parametric uncertainty. The created software is applicable for basic uncertainty structures such as single parameter uncertainty (including quasi-polynomials), independent (interval) uncertainty structure, affine linear, multilinear, polynomial or general uncertainty structure. Moreover, the discrete-time interval polynomials can be analyzed as well. From the viewpoint of available tools, the program incorporates the Root Locus, the Bialas Eigenvalue Criterion, the Kharitonov Theorem, the Tsypkin-Polyak Theorem, the Edge Theorem and the Value Set Concept combined with the Zero Exclusion Condition. The use of the toolbox is briefly outlined by means of the simple example.
KeywordsRobust stability analysis Parametric uncertainty Matlab
The work was supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic within the National Sustainability Programme project No. LO1303 (MSMT-7778/2014). This assistance is very gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.Matušů, R., Prokop, R.: Robust stability analysis for families of spherical polynomials. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 348. In: Proceedings of the 4th Computer Science On-line Conference 2015 (CSOC2015), vol. 2: Intelligent Systems in Cybernetics and Automation Theory, pp. 57–65. Springer International Publishing, Cham (2015)zbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 4.Prego, D.P.: A software program for graphical robust stability analysis. Student Project Report, Faculty of Applied Informatics, Tomas Bata University in Zlín, Czech Republic (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Kharitonov, V.L.: Asymptotic stability of an equilibrium position of a family of systems of linear differential equations. Differentsial’nye Uravneniya 14, 2086–2088 (1978)Google Scholar
- 10.Matušů, R., Prokop, R.: Robust stability analysis for systems with real parametric uncertainty: implementation of graphical tests in Matlab. Int. J. Circuits Syst. Signal Process. 7(1), 26–33 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Matušů, R.: Robust stability analysis of discrete-time systems with parametric uncertainty: a graphical approach. Int. J. Math. Models Methods Appl. Sci. 8, 95–102 (2014)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.