How to Evaluate Three-Way Decisions Based Binary Classification?
Appropriate measures are important for evaluating the performance of a classifier. In existing studies, many performance measures designed for two-way decisions based classification are applied to three-way decisions based classification directly, which may result in an incomprehensive evaluation. However, there is a lack of systematically research on the performance measures for three-way decisions based classification. This paper introduces some numerical measures and graphical measures for three-way decisions based binary classification.
KeywordsThree-way decisions Binary classification Performance measure
We would like to acknowledge the support for this work from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 61403200, 61170180), Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province(Grant No.BK20140800).
- 2.Gu, Q., Zhu, L., Cai, Z.H.: Evaluation measures of the classification performance of imbalanced data sets. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Systems, pp. 461–471 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Jia, X., Shang, L.: Three-Way Decisions Versus Two-Way Decisions on Filtering Spam Email. In: Peters, J.F., Skowron, A., Li, T., Yang, Y., Yao, J.T., Nguyen, H.S. (eds.) Transactions on Rough Sets XVIII. LNCS, vol. 8449, pp. 69–91. Springer, Heidelberg (2014) Google Scholar
- 7.Li, W., Miao, D.Q., Wang, W.L., Zhang, N.: Hierarchical rough decision theoretic framework for text classification. In: Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics, pp. 484–489 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, D., Liang, D.: An overview of function based three-way decisions. In: Miao, D., Pedrycz, W., Slezak, D., Peters, G., Hu, Q., Wang, R. (eds.) RSKT 2014. LNCS, vol. 8818, pp. 812–823. Springer, Heidelberg (2014) Google Scholar
- 17.Yu, H., Zhang, C., Hu, F.: An incremental clustering approach based on three-way decisions. In: Cornelis, C., Kryszkiewicz, M., Ślȩzak, D., Ruiz, E.M., Bello, R., Shang, L. (eds.) RSCTC 2014. LNCS, vol. 8536, pp. 152–159. Springer, Heidelberg (2014) Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.