The Boosting and Bootstrap Ensemble for Classifiers Based on Weak Rough Inclusions
In the recent works we have investigated the classifiers based on weak rough inclusions, especially the 8v1.1 - 8v1.5 algorithms. These algorithms in process of weights forming for classification dynamically react on the distance between the particular attributes. Our results show the effectiveness of these methods and the wide application in many contexts, especially in the context of classification of DNA Microarray data. In this work we have checked a few methods for classifier stabilisation, such as the Bootstrap Ensemble, Boosting based on Arcing, and Ada-Boost with Monte Carlo split. We have performed experiments on selected data from the UCI Repository. The results show that the committee of weak classifiers stabilised our algorithms in the context of accuracy of classification. The Boosting based on Arcing turned out to be the most promising method among those examined.
KeywordsRough sets Decision systems Bootstrap ensemble Ada-Boost Arcing
The research has been supported by grant 1309-802 from Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland.
- 1.Artiemjew, P.: Classifiers based on rough mereology in analysis of DNA microarray data. In: Proceedings of Second International Conference of Soft Computing and Pattern Recognition (SoCPar2010), pp. 273–278. IEEE Computer Society, Cergy Pontoise (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Artiemjew, P.: Rough mereology classifier vs simple DNA microarray gene extraction methods. Int. J. Data Min. Model. Manage. Spec. Issue Pattern Recogn. 6(2), 110–126 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Ohno-Machado, L.: Cross-validation and Bootstrap Ensembles, Bagging, Boosting, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, HST.951J: Medical Decision Support, Fall (2005). http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/health-sciences-and-technology/hst-951j-medical-decision-support-fall-2005/lecture-notes/hst951_6.pdf
- 11.Zhou, Z.-H.: Ensemble Methods: Foundations and Algorithms. Chapman and Hall/CRC, p. 23. ISBN 978-1439830031. The term boosting refers to a family of algorithms that are able to convert weak learners to strong learners (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhou, Z.-H.: Boosting 25 years, CCL 2014 Keynote (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Schapire, R.E.: A Short Introduction to Boosting (1999)Google Scholar
- 16.Hu, X.: Construction of an ensemble of classifiers based on rough sets theory and database operations. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM2001) (2001)Google Scholar
- 17.Hu, X.: Ensembles of classifiers based on rough sets theory and set-oriented database operations. In: Presented at the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, Atlanta, GA (2006)Google Scholar
- 19.Shi, L., Weng, M., Ma, X., Xi, L.: Rough set based decision tree ensemble algorithm for text classification. J. Comput. Inf. Syst. 6(1), 89–95 (2010)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.