Load Balancing Algorithm Based on Neural Network in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks
Some load balancing algorithms in heterogeneous wireless networks can not consider the problems arising from the admission control of new service and service transfer of heavy load networks. To solve these problems, we propose a load balancing algorithm based on neural networks. This algorithm is used to conduct prediction through network load rate and achieve the network admission of new service by combining an admission control optimization algorithm. Moreover, by analyzing network performance, some services of heavy load network are transferred to overlay light load network. The simulation results indicate that our algorithm can well realize the load balancing of heterogeneous wireless network and provide high resource utilization.
KeywordsHeterogeneous wireless network Load balancing Admission control Blocking probability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Rong, C., Xiao-Yu, D., Jie, M., et al.: An optimal IASA load balancing scheme in heterogeneous wireless networks. In: Communications and Networking in China (CHINACOM), pp. 714–719 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Jin, L., Zhang, H., Yang, L.X., Zhu, H.B.: A novel adaptive vertical handoff algorithm based on UMTS and WLAN. Journal of Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications (Natural Science) 33(4), 13–18 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Jiao, Y., Yi, K.C., Ma, M.D., Ma, Y.H., Dong, X.: QoS-aware load-balancing algorithm for heterogeneous wireless networks. Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition) 43(3), 794–800 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Johnson, S.B., Nath, S., Velmurugan, T.: An Optimized Algorithm for Vertical Handoff in Heterogenenous Wireless Networks. In: Proceeding of 2013 IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT 2013), pp. 1206–1210 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Sheng, J., Tang, L.R., Hao, J.H.: Hybrid Load Balancing Algorithm Based on Service Transformation and Admission Control in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks. Acta Electronica Sinica 41(2), 321–328 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Sheng, J., Tang, L.R.: A triangle module operator and fuzzy logic based handoff algorithm for heterogeneous wireless networks. In: ICCT 2010, Nanjing, China, pp. 488–491 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Nasri, R., Altman, Z.: Handover adaptation for dynamic load balancing in 3GPP long term evolution systems. In: Proceeding of MoMM 2007, pp. 145–153 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Badia, L., Zorzi, M., Gazzini, A.: A model for threshold comparison call admission control in third generation cellular systems. In: International Conference on Communications, ICC 2003, pp. 1664–1668. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
<SimplePara><Emphasis Type="Bold">Open Access</Emphasis> This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made. </SimplePara> <SimplePara>The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.</SimplePara>