Representative Video Action Discovery Using Interactive Non-negative Matrix Factorization
In this paper, we develop an interactive Non-negative Matrix Factorization method for representative action video discovery. The original video is first evenly segmented into some short clips and the bag-of-words model is used to describe each clip. Then a temporal consistent Non-negative Matrix Factorization model is used for clustering and action segmentation. Since the clustering and segmentation results may not satisfy the user’s intention, two extra human operations: MERGE and ADD are developed to permit user to improve the results. The newly developed interactive Non-negative Matrix Factorization method can therefore generate personalized results. Experimental results on the public Weizman dataset demonstrate that our approach is able to improve the action discovery and segmentation results.
KeywordsInteractive action summarization Non-negative Matrix Factorization video analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lee, D.D., Seung, H.S.: Algorithms for non-negative matrix factorization. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 556–562 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Choo, J., Lee, C., Reddy, C.K., Park, H.: Utopian: User-driven topic modeling based on interactive nonnegative matrix factorization. IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 1992–2001 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Cai, D., He, X., Wu, X., Han, J.: Non-negative matrix factorization on manifold. In: Proc. of Eighth IEEE International Conference in Data Mining(ICDM), pp. 63–72 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Blank, M., Gorelick, L., Shechtman, E., Irani, M., Basri, R.: Actions as space-time shapes. In: Proc. of Tenth IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), pp. 1395–1402 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Hughes, M.C., Sudderth, E.B.: Nonparametric discovery of activity patterns from video collections. In: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW), pp. 25–32 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, M., Ji, D., Tian, Q., Hua, X.S.: Intelligent photo clustering with user interaction and distance metric learning. Pattern Recognition Letters, 462–470 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Evaluation of clustering. http://nlp.stanford.edu/IR-book/html/htmledition/evaluation-of-clustering-1.html
<SimplePara><Emphasis Type="Bold">Open Access</Emphasis> This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made. </SimplePara> <SimplePara>The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.</SimplePara>