Optimal Generation Scheduling of Wind-CSP Systems in Day-Ahead Electricity Markets
This paper presents a coordination approach to maximize the total profit of wind power systems coordinated with concentrated solar power systems, having molten-salt thermal energy storage. Both systems are effectively handled by mixed-integer linear programming in the approach, allowing enhancement on the operational during non-insolation periods. Transmission grid constraints and technical operating constraints on both systems are modeled to enable a true management support for the integration of renewable energy sources in day-ahead electricity markets. A representative case study based on real systems is considered to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
KeywordsConcentrated solar power Wind power Mixed-integer linear programming Transmission constraints
- 1.Energy 2020 – A strategy for competitive, sustainable and secure energy (2011). http://europa.eu
- 15.Cplex, Gams, Solver manuals. Gams/Cplex (2014). http://www.gams.com
- 16.Catalão, J.P.S., Pousinho, H.M.I., Mendes, V.M.F.: An artificial neural network approach for short-term wind power forecasting in Portugal. Eng. Intell. Syst. Electr. Eng. Commun. 17, 5–11 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA, Solar Advisor Model User Guide for Version 2.0 (2008) http://www.nrel.gov/docs
- 18.Market operator of the electricity market of the Iberian Peninsula, OMEL (2014). http://www.omel.es