A Practicable MBSA Modeling Process Using Altarica
With the increasing system scale and complexity, safety analysis based on formal models has been widely used in the development of aircraft products. However, it’s quite difficult to build a complete, accurate and consistent safety model, especially for dynamic complex systems. To solve these problems, a practical safety modeling methodology based on Altarica, which contains three phases like information collection, model construction and model V&V, is proposed to establish a more structured, systematic and efficiency way in this paper. Detailed processes are declared for each phase. At last, a hydraulic system is taken as an example to show how to apply the safety modeling methodology in practical.
KeywordsSafety model based safety analysis formal modeling modeling process Altairca
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Joshi, A., Whalen, M., Heimdahl, M.: Model-based safety analysis final report, NASA contractor report, NASA/CR-2006-213953 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Bieber, P., Bougnol, C., Castel, C., Heckmann, J.-P., Kehren, C., Metge, S., Seguin, C.: Safety Assessment with AltaRica - Lessons learnt based on two aircraft system studies. In: 18th IFIP World Computer Congress, Topical Day on New Methods for Avionics Certification. IFIPAICT, pp. 505–510. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Adeline, R., Cardoso, J., Darfeuil, P., Humbert, S., Seguin, C.: Toward a methodology for the AltaRica modeling of multi-physical systems. In: ESREL 2010, Rhodes, Greece ( (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Kehren, C., et al.: Advanced Multi-System Simulation Capabilities with AltaRica. In: Proceedings of the International System Safety Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Fenelon, P., McDermid, J.A.: An Integrated Toolset for Software Safety Analysis. Journal of Systems and Software (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Paige, R., et al.: FPTC: Automated Safety Analysis for Domain-Specific Languages. Models in Software Engineering, 229–242 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Point, G., Rauzy, A.: Altarica - constraint automata as a description language. European Journal on Automation (1999)Google Scholar