A Web-Based Approach for Designing and DeployingFlexible Learning Tools
This paper presents the current work in the development of a web-based approach to offer an authoring-tool for the creation of mobile applications with data collection purposes. The web-based solution additionally offers the possibility to visualize previously collected data in the web-browser. An idea of a mobile web application is presented that uses a diversity of sensors of a mobile device for collecting environmental data in the field. This paper describes how to integrate such an approach in the context of the LETS GO  research project. It also identifies and addresses current issues in end-user programming and mobile cross-platform development.
KeywordsWeb-based framework Cross-platform development End-user programming Authoring Tool
- 1.Vogel, B.: An interactive web-based visualization tool: Design and development cycles. In: 2011 IEEE 35th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference Workshops (COMPSACW), pp. 279–285 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.De Jong, T., Van Joolingen, W.R., et al.: Learning by creating and exchanging objects: The SCY experience. British Journal of Educational Technology 41(6), 909–921 (2010), http://doi.wiley.com/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2010.01121.x CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Giemza, A., Bollen, L., Seydel, P., Overhagen, A., Hoppe, H.U.: LEMONADE: A Flexible Authoring Tool for Integrated Mobile Learning Scenarios. In: WMUTE 2010, pp. 73–80 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Han, H., Tokuda, T.: A Method for Integration of Web Applications Based on Information Extraction. In: 2008 Eighth International Conference on Web Engineering, pp. 189–195 (July 2008), http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=4577882
- 8.Jones, A., Scanlon, E., Gaved, M., et al.: Challenges in Personalisation: Supporting Mobile Science Inquiry Learning Across Contexts. apsce.net 8(1), 21–42 (2013), http://apsce.net/RPTEL/RPTEL2013MarIssue/RPTEL2013MarIssue-Article2_pp21-42.pdf Google Scholar