South Texas Population Characteristics
Almost 4.5 million people were estimated to have resided in South Texas in 2010, almost 18 % of the entire Texas population. From 2000 to 2010, South Texas grew at the same rate as the rest of Texas.
- 1.Texas Department of State Health Services. Texas health data: population. http://soupfin.tdh.state.tx.us/pop2000a.htm. Accessed June 2012.
- 2.US Census Bureau. American community survey 2006–2010 5-year estimates, Table B15. 2011. http://factfinder.census.gov/. Accessed Apr 2012.
- 3.Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Department of Commerce. Regional data – GDP and personal income. 2012. http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?ReqID=70&step=1. Accessed July 2012.
- 4.US Census Bureau. Small area income and poverty estimates. 2012. http://www.census.gov//did/www/saipe/index.html. Accessed May 2012.
- 5.Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Local area unemployment statistics. 2012. Accessed July 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2010. Water Fluoridation Statistics. http://www.cdc.gov/fluoridation/statistics/2010stats.htm. Last updated July 27, 2012. Accessed May 2013.
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License which permits any noncommercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.