Thermal Decomposition of Aqueous Manganese Nitrate Solutions
partial evaporation of water to a composition containing equimolar amounts of water and manganese nitrate
a decomposition step in which most of the residual quantity of water evolved along with some nitrogen oxides
a second decomposition step yielding MnO2, nitrogen oxides and some oxygen.
Further analysis indicates that the product of the first decomposition step is a mixture of MnO2 and Mn(NO3)2. The presence of manganese (III) oxynitrate suggested in the literature is unlikely. The main kinetic parameters of the two chemical decomposition steps were established.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).A. Kozawa in Batteries vol.1, Manganese Dioxide (1974) ed. K.V. KordeschGoogle Scholar
- (2).A.B. Zdanovskii, G.E. Zhelnina Zh. Prikl. Khim. (Leningrad) 48 (2) (1975) 427Google Scholar
- (4).D. Weigel, B. Imelik, M. Prettre Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr. (1964) 836Google Scholar
- (5).X-ray Powder Data File by American Society for Testing and Material or by Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction StandardsGoogle Scholar
- (6).T.J.W. de Bruijn, PhD Thesis, Delft University of Technology, to be published (1980).Google Scholar