Some Applications of Thermal Analysis to the Communications and Electronics Industry
Thermal analysis encompasses a vast array of experimental techniques. Couple with this the broad spectrum of materials and processes of interest to the electronics and communications industries, one is left with an immense topic to summarize. The Bell System represents a reasonable cross section of this industry and I have chosen, therefore, to limit my survey to a broad selection of the practical uses of thermal analysis therein.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P. K. Gallagher, E. Coleman, S. Jin, and R. C. Sherwood, Thermochim. Acta, in press.Google Scholar
- 3.W. R. Ott and M. G. McLaren, “Thermal Analysis, Vol. 2,” eds. R. F. Schwenker, Jr., and P. D. Gam, Academic Press, N.Y. 1969, pp. 1439–51.Google Scholar
- 4.P. K. Gallagher and S. St. J. Warne, Thermochim. Acta, in press.Google Scholar
- 5.H. E. Bair, G. E. Johnson, J. H. Daane, and E. W. Anderson, Proc. 25th Int’l Wire and Cable Symp., pp. 296–301 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.G. E. Johnson, H. E. Bair, E. W. Anderson, and J. H. Daane, 1976 Ann. Rept. Conf. on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (NAS-NRC).Google Scholar
- 8.M. G. Chan, H. M. Gilroy, I. P. Heyward, L. Johnson, and W. M. Martin, Proc. 36th ANTEC, Soc. Plast. Eng., pp. 381 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.H. E. Bair in “Thermal Characterization of Polymeric Materials,” E. A. Turi, ed., Academic Press, New York, 1980.Google Scholar
- 14.R. M. Lum and L. G. Feinstein, In “Proc. 30th Electronic Components Conf.” in press.Google Scholar
- 15.M. L. Green, to be published.Google Scholar
- 17.L. T. Manzione, J. K. Gillham, and C. A. McPherson, J. Appl. Poly. Sci., to be published.Google Scholar
- 18.D. W. Johnson, Jr., S. M. Granstaff, Jr., and W. W. Rhodes, Am. Cer. Soc. Bull. 58 (1979) 849.Google Scholar
- 19.E. M. Vogel, D. W. Johnson, Jr., and M. F. Yan, Am. Cer. Soc. Bull., in press.Google Scholar