Mixed Reality for Visualization of Operating Data and Semantic Self-Descriptions of Machines using OPC UA
- 17 Downloads
The current age is characterized by the ongoing digitalization, which especially affects the mechanical industry. Together with information and communication technology based on Cyber-Physical Systems, it creates a new stage in the value chain known as Industrie 4.0. In addition, new standardized technologies, such as the Open Platform Communications Unified Architecture (OPC UA), are being developed and implemented. This opens up a multitude of possibilities for making processes more effective and efficient e.g. in combination with new ways for interaction such as worker assistance systems. In the following we present the concept and implementation for the provision and representation of operating data and semantic self-descriptions of machines using OPC UA in Mixed Reality based on three segments containing server, client and the user .
KeywordsMixed Reality OPC UA Operating data Semantic self-description Cyber-Physical Systems
This work was funded by the Hessian LOEWE initiative within the Software-Factory 4.0 project.
- 1.Anderl, R.: Industrie 4.0 – Technological approaches, use cases, and implementation. at - Automatisierungstechnik (2015). https://doi.org/10.1515/auto-2015-0025
- 2.Bitkom, VDMA, ZVEI: Umsetzungsstrategie Indust-rie 4.0. Ergebnisbericht der Plattform Industrie 4.0 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Schleipen, M. (ed.): Praxishandbuch OPC UA. Grundlagen, Imple-mentierung, Nachrüstung, Praxisbeispiele, 1st edn. Vogel Business Media, Würzburg (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Milgram, P., Kishino, F.: A taxonomy of mixed reality visual displays. IEICE Trans. Inf. Syst. E77-D(12), 1321–1329 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Lackey, S., Shumaker, R.P. (eds.): Virtual, augmented and mixed reality. In: 8th International Conference, VAMR 2016, held as part of HCI International 2016, Proceedings, Toronto, Canada, 17–22 July 2016. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Information Systems and Applications, incl. Internet/Web and HCI, vol. 9740. Springer, Heidelberg (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, C., Hong, X., Zhu, Z., Xu, X.: Machine tool digital twin: modelling methodology and applications. In: The 48th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering (CIE 48) (2018)Google Scholar