Smart Garden (SMAG): A System of Outdoor Furniture Equipped with Artificial Intelligence
- 7 Downloads
The “fourth industrial revolution” refers above all to production methods (Industry 4.0), the transformations of the digital technological components consequently also spill over into the world of product design. These transformations pose important challenges and calls for a partial revision of the design methods and operational processes. The article present a research project recently carried out in our laboratory that involved the use of advanced technology both for the operation of product and for the realization of the prototype. As within the Industry 4.0 paradigm, rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing technologies allowed us to introduce effective iterative product validation cycles for design.
KeywordsIndustry 4.0 Smart Garden Technology Prototypes Additive manufacturing
The text was designed and structured by all authors. However, the introductory text “Introduction” is attributed to Marco Marseglia, the text “The Project” to Eleonora Trivellin, the text “Prototypes and additive manufacturing” to Jurji Filieri, “Conclusion” to Giuseppe Lotti, research and iconographic realization to Francesco Cantini, Alessio Tanzini, Elisa Matteucci.
- 1.Khanna, A., Khanna, P.: L’Età Ibrida. Il potere della Tecnologia nella competizione globale, Codice Edizioni, Torino - original title: Hibrid Reality. Thriving in the Emerging Human-Technology Civilization (2012), TED Conferences, LLC (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Di Lucchio, L., Giambattista, A.: Design & Challenges, Riflessioni sulle sfide contemporanee del Design. LISt Lab, Barcelona (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Thamaraimanalan, T., Vivekk, S.P., Satheeshkumar, G., Saravanan, P.: Smart garden monitoring system using IOT. Asian J. Appl. Sci. Technol. (AJAST) 2(2), 186–192 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Celaschi, F.: Non industrial design, Contributi al discorso progettualeLuca. Sossella editore, Bologna (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Baumer, E.P.S., Khovanskaya, V., Matthews, M., Reynolds, L., Schwanda Sosik, V., Gay, G.: Reviewing reflection: on the use of reflection in interactive system design. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Designing Interactive Systems, pp. 93–102. ACM, New York (2014)Google Scholar