Research on the Comfortable Joint Angle for Chinese Automobile Drivers
- 7 Downloads
This study used the Vicon motion capture system to record the spatial positions of the points and to obtain the range of five joint angles in comfortable driving positions for Chinese men and women. The data could provide basic reference data for the establishment of the human body template to do the ergonomic verification of Chinese automobile cab.
KeywordsAutomobile Driving Joint angle
This work is supported by China National Institute of Standardization through the “special funds for the basic R&D undertakings by welfare research institutions” (project number 522018Y-5984) and the National Key Technology R&D Program (2017YFF0206602).
- 1.Rebiffe, R.: An ergonomic study of the arrangement of the driving position in motor cars. In: Journal of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Symposium (1966)Google Scholar
- 2.Grandjean, E.: Sitting posture of car drivers form the point of view of ergonomics. In: Oborne, D., Levis, J.A. (eds.) Human Factors in Transport Research, pp. 205–213. Taylor & Francis, Milton Park (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.Porter, J.M., Gyi, D.E.: Exploring the optimum posture for driver comfort. Int. J. Veh. Des. 19(1), 255–266 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Ma, M., Fan, R., Ying, R., Song, L.P., Feifei, L., Qiang, S.: The test of comfortable driving posture and the fuzzy evaluation of the comfort. Ind. Eng. Manag. (4), 121–125 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.SAE J826-2008 Devices for Use in Defining and Measuring Vehicle Seating AccommodationGoogle Scholar