Lining-Up Stabilizers for Pusher and Puller Articulated Vehicles
- 84 Downloads
The paper presents a derivation, a local stability analysis, and a numerical validation of control systems with lining-up feedback stabilizers for two kinds of kinematic structures widely used for articulated vehicles in a transportation practice: the tractor-driven vehicle pulling a trailer with a steerable axle, and the wagon-driven vehicle pushing a non-driven prime-mover. Simulation results reveal effectiveness of the stabilizers for various motion strategies of the vehicles (backward, forward, and oscillatory). The stabilizers can be used in the intelligent articulated buses and tractor-trailer vehicles in a fully automated mode or as an advanced driver assistance system.
KeywordsPusher/puller articulated vehicle Tractor-trailer Kinematics Steerable wheels Lining-up control Intelligent vehicle
The work was supported in part by the National Centre for Research and Development (NCBR), Poland, as a grant No. POIR.04.01.02-00-0081/17, and in part by the research subvention No. 0211/SBAD/911.
- 1.Solaris Bus & Coach: Alternative powertrain. Product catalogue (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Hemily, B., King, R.D.: Uses of higher capacity of buses in transit service. Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C. (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Jujnovich, B.A., Cebon, D.: Path-following steering control for articulated vehicles. ASME J. Dyn. Sys. Meas. Cont. 135(031006), 1–15 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Leduc, G.: Longer and heavier vehicles. An overview of technical aspects. Technical report EUR 23949 EN, European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies, Luxembourg (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Michałek, M.M.: Modular approach to compact low-speed kinematic modelling of multi-articulated urban buses for motion algorithmization purposes. In: 2019 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), Paris, France, pp. 1803–1808 (2019)Google Scholar
- 14.Montes, H., Salinas, C., Fernandez, R., Armada, M.: An experimental platform for autonomous bus development. Appl. Sci. 7(1131), 1–22 (2017)Google Scholar