Detection of State-Multiplicative Faults in Discrete-Time Linear Systems
- 367 Downloads
The conditions for observer based residual filter design for linear discrete-time state-multiplicative systems are presented in the paper. With respect to the residual signal’s time evolution, as well as to its robustness, the design problem is stated in terms of linear matrix inequalities (LMI). To expand the standard LMI formulation, norm bounds on disturbance and, in particular, a new characterisation of the norm boundaries of the multiplicative faults are projected into enhanced bounded real lemma structure of LMI. With given restrictions, the design steps are revealed in the example for projecting the state estimation error to fault residuals.
KeywordsLinear discrete-time systems State-multiplicative faults Luenberger observers Residual filters Linear matrix inequalities
The work presented in this paper was supported by VEGA, the Grant Agency of the Ministry of Education and the Academy of Science of Slovak Republic under Grant No. 1/0608/17. This support is very gratefully acknowledged.
- 2.Ellis, G.: Observers in Control Systems. A Practical Guide. Academic Press, San Diego (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Ferdowsi, H., Jagannathan, S.: Unified model-based fault diagnosis scheme for nonlinear discrete-time systems with additive and multiplicative faults. In: Proceedings 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference CDC-ECC 2011, Orlando, USA, pp. 1570–1575 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/CDC.2011.6161292
- 8.Gertler, J.: Fault Detection and Diagnosis in Engineering Systems. CRC Press, Boca Raton (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Krokavec, D., Filasová, A.: On fault detection for discrete-time linear state-multiplicative systems with uncorrelated multiplicative faults. In: Proceedings 6th International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies CoDIT 2019, Paris, France, pp. 894–899 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1109/CoDIT.2019.8820338
- 13.Lin, Y., Stadtherr, M.A.: Fault detection in continuous-time systems with uncertain parameters. In: Proceedings American Control Conference ACC 2007, New York, USA, pp. 3216–3221 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1109/ACC.2007.4282164
- 15.Peaucelle, D., Henrion, D., Labit, Y., Taitz, K.: User’s Guide for SeDuMi Interface 1.04, LAAS-CNRS, Toulouse (2002)Google Scholar