The Infographic Process of Synthesizing Complex Information About the Individual Legacies of Retired Teachers and Researchers in Art and Design
- 4 Downloads
The work presented in this paper is part of the research project “Wisdom Transfer” (WT). The WT project stems from the evidence that there is insufficient inscription and use of individual knowledge and experience of ageing and retired art and design professors and researchers, in Portugal. In this project there is a great cultural approach from which emerges a high responsibility towards the current artistic education system, in which teachers and students are involved. Through the drawing of an infographics, it is intended that the readers - especially current art and design students - have access to information about the education system of that time. In this article, we will first present the research project “Wisdom Transfer”; we will develop a literature review; and we will present the study of the infographic solution we are developing for this project.
KeywordsInfographics Academic Retirement Art and Design Communication Design
The research is being developed within the framework of the project “Wisdom Transfer: Towards the scientific inscription of individual legacies in contexts of retirement from art and design higher education and research”, co-financed by Portugal 2020, alongside the European Regional Development Fund and the Foundation for Science and Technology, Portugal (ID +/Unexpected Media Lab: POCI-01-0145-FEDER-029038; 2018-2020).
- 1.Bradford, W.C.: Reaching the Visual Learner: Teaching Property Through Art (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Cairo, A.: How Charts Lie: Getting Smarter about Visual Information. W. W. Norton & Company Incorporated, New York (2019)Google Scholar
- 3.Cairo, A. Youtube. Youtube.com. https://www.youtube.com (2019)
- 4.Nielsen, J.: Photos as Web Content. Nielsen Norman Group (2019). https://www.nngroup.com/articles/photos-as-web-content/
- 5.Wattenberg, M., Viégas, F.: Wind Map. Hint.fm (2020). http://hint.fm/wind/
- 6.Codex Atlanticus. : https://codex-atlanticus.it/#/Overview
- 7.Cinnamon, N. Why do cats…? Why do cats and dogs…? (2018). https://whydocatsanddogs.com/cats