Research and Practice of Brand Design Method of Local Specialty Products in Developing Regions Under the Concept of Service Design
- 16 Downloads
In recent years, with the rapid development of China’s economy, cultural and creative industries have gradually become an important part of the economic growth of China’s developing regions. Many enterprises in developing regions urgently need to transform and upgrade from OEM, ODM to OBM, also systematic brand design and transformation strategies. The effective excavation and utilization of the rich characteristic cultural resources in the developing areas will further promote the local economic growth and improve people’s quality of life. Service design, as a system design to coordinate the relationship among people, things, behaviors, environment and society, can help the developing regions to find their social and cultural values.
This paper will take Songxi County, Fujian Province, China as an example, through analyzing the problems and bottlenecks in the development of local industries and enterprises, mining local cultural resources, understanding the needs of local residents, using the method of service design to explore and practice the design method of regional characteristic product brand system, constructing the “Integration-Connection-Transformation Mode” of regional characteristic product brand, and achieving the two-way circulation of resources between developing and developed regions through design can realize the redesign and brand innovation of local characteristic cultural products, and ultimately promote economic growth and cultural communication. This research is an effective practice and exploration for the service design method to enhance the regional product brand design, which will play a demonstration role in disseminating regional culture, boosting the developing region’s economy and promoting social innovation.
KeywordsService design Developing regions Local specialty products Brand design Design methods
- 1.Wang, G.: Service Design and Innovation. China Architecture and Building Press, Beijing (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Jingdezhen porcelain. http://www.cgi.gov.cn/Products/Detail/1373/
- 3.Han, S.: Brand development and urban culture of Wuzhen drama festival. J. Drama Art 03, 143–153 (2019)Google Scholar
- 4.Design the three-year action plan for Poverty Alleviation (2018–2020). http://www.miit.gov.cn/n1146295/n1652858/n1652930/n4509650/c6404659/content.html
- 5.Han, T.: Establish a system to drive social innovation and resources through design thinking. J. Des. 32(18), 34–39 (2019)Google Scholar
- 6.Mager, B., Sung, T.J.D.: Special issue editorial: designing for services. J. Int. J. Des. 5(2), 1–3 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Aylward, E., Kelliher, F.: Rural tourism development: proposing an integrated model of rural stakeholder network relationships. In: IAM Conference, 02–4 September 2009, Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, September 2009Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, X.: Brand strategy of industrial cluster: building regional brand and enterprise brand. J. Ind. Technol. Econ. 09, 12–14 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Xin, X., Cao, Z.: Service design drives public affairs management and organizational innovation. J. Des. 05, 124–128 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Huang, W.: Revolution Driven by Service Design. Mechanical Industry Press, Beijing (2019)Google Scholar
- 11.Directory of key development areas of service outsourcing industry. http://images.mofcom.gov.cn/fms/201901/20190110104129703.pdf