Evaluation of Modern Service Industry Under Economic Transformation Based on Catastrophe Series Method
- 22 Downloads
With the proportion of the service industry market increasing, there is an imperative need to explore how to develop and innovate the service industry in an economically stable environment. To solve the comprehensive evaluation issue of the modern service industry and determine the key influencing factors, a comprehensive evaluation system for the development capability of the service industry was established. Firstly, the entropy method was adopted by this research to empowerment the various indicators. Secondly, the research used the principal component analysis method to determine the correlation between these indicators. Thirdly, catastrophe progression method was applied to the classification and indicator level calculation of indicator system. Finally, a case study is tested to validate the effectiveness of the model. The results show that the fluctuation of the development environment has a great impact on the development capability of the service industry. And the policy and force majeure are two major factors in market volatility. Finding and circumventing negative influences has become the key to improving the service industry in the context of economic transformation.
KeywordsService industries Government policy Indicators Industrial economics
The research was supported by the Foundation of Yaan Philosophy and Social Science Research Planning Funds (Grant No. YA20190029), the Foundation of Chengdu Science and Technology (Grant No. 2017-RK00-00274-ZF), the Foundation of Chengdu Science and Technology (Grant No. 2019-RK00-00311-ZF), and the Foundation of Chengdu Philosophy and Social Science Planning Research Funds (Grant No. 2019L12).
- 1.Ye, Q.: Evaluation of service industry modernization in G20 countries. The 15th China Modernization Research Forum, Beijing China (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Deng, Z., Hu, S., Zhang, W.: Evaluation index system and empirical analysis of modern service industry in China. Technol. Econ. 31(10), 60–63+105 (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Feng, H., Sun, W.: Research on service industry development evaluation index system and development level of china’s provinces and regions. Dongyue Tribune 31(12), 5–9 (2010). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Jiangfan, L.: Industrial structure upgrading and tertiary industry modernization. J. Sun Yatsen Univ. (Soc. Sci. Edn.) 04, 124–130+144 (2005). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Kuznets, S., Murphy, J.T.: Modern economic growth: rate, structure, and spread, vol. 2. Yale University Press, New Haven (1966)Google Scholar
- 6.Layton, A.P., Moore, G.H.: Leading indicators for the service sector. J. Bus. Econ. Stat. 7(3), 379–386 (1989)Google Scholar
- 9.Ningning, W.: Study on competitiveness evaluation of high-tech service industry based on mutation progression method. Ph.D. thesis, Hefei University of Technology, Hefei (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Xiangyang, Y., Xiang, X.: An empirical analysis of the growth of total factor productivity in China’s service industry. Economist 03, 68–76 (2006). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 14.Zongli, S.: A comprehensive assessment of commercial health & fitness clubs service quality. Int. J. Manag. Sci. Eng. Manag. 7(4), 263–267 (2012)Google Scholar