Coda: Remembering Seamus Heaney
- 7 Downloads
The Coda frames the poet himself as a memory site by exploring the memorial culture that has emerged since his death. Since 2013 there has been a proliferation of memorials. The commemorative practices range from the textual (elegies, eulogies and special journal editions) to the monumental (for instance, a purpose-built museum, Seamus Heaney HomePlace, in the village in which he was born). The Coda considers how these commemorative practices shape the legacy of Seamus Heaney.
- Agee, Chris. 2014. The View From the Lagan. Irish Pages 9 (1): 7–8.Google Scholar
- Bushe, Paddy. 2014. A Candle in Montenegro. Irish Pages 8 (2): 30.Google Scholar
- Conghaile, Pól Ó. 2016. First Look: Inside the Stunning New Seamus Heaney HomePlace. Independent.ie, September 30. http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/ni-travel/first-look-inside-the-stunning-new-seamus-heaney-homeplace-35090726.html. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- Cooke, Rachel. 2016. At Home in Heaney Country. The Guardian, October 2. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/oct/02/seamus-heaney-homeplace-review-bellaghy-co-down. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- Deane, Seamus. 2000. The Famous Seamus. The New Yorker, March 20.Google Scholar
- Dhomhnaill, Nuala Ni. 2014. In Memoriam Seamus Heaney. Irish Pages 8 (2): 162–163.Google Scholar
- Frawley, Oona. 2014. James Joyce, Cultural Memory, and Irish Studies. Memory Ireland 4: 1–9.Google Scholar
- Gillis, Alan. 2014. Heaney’s Legacy. Irish Pages 9 (1): 143–149.Google Scholar
- Groarke, Vona. 2014. Editorial. A Seamus Heaney Special Issue. Special Issue. The Poetry Ireland Review (113): 7.Google Scholar
- Heaney, Seamus. 1999. Seamus Heaney, Beowulf. London: Faber and Faber.Google Scholar
- ———. 2004. Title Deeds: Translating a Classic. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society 148 (4): 411–426.Google Scholar
- ———. 2018. 100 Poems. London: Faber & Faber.Google Scholar
- Hilliard, Mark. Row Over €190m New Road Through Landscape That Inspired Heaney. The Irish Times, September 2. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/row-over-190m-new-road-through-landscape-that-inspired-heaney-1.2776075. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- Justice, Elaine. 2016. Emory Opens Seamus Heaney’s Papers to Public. Emory News Centre, February 29. http://news.emory.edu/stories/2016/02/upress_seamus_heaney_archive_opens/campus.html. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- Lavin, John. 2015. Poetry: One Thousand Things Worth Knowing by Paul Muldoon. Wales Arts Review, May 17. http://www.walesartsreview.org/poetry-one-thousand-things-worth-knowing-by-paul-muldoon/. Accessed 20 Jan 2020.
- Low, Adam. 2019. Seamus Heaney and the Music of What Happens. BBC iPlayer.Google Scholar
- Lysaght, Sean. 2014. The Crossing. Irish Pages 8 (2): 34–35.Google Scholar
- McCarthy, Charlie. 2010. Seamus Heaney: Out of the Marvellous. RTÉ Television, DVD.Google Scholar
- McClements, Freya. 2016. Seamus Heaney HomePlace Opens: Son Moved by Voyage Round His Father. The Irish Times, September 29. http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/seamus-heaney-homeplace-opens-son-moved-by-voyage-round-his-father-1.2810592. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- McGovern, Ignatius. 2014. To Seamus Heaney in Heaven. Irish Pages 8 (2): 37.Google Scholar
- Mid Ulster District Council. 2016. Almost £700K from Heritage Lottery Fund for Seamus Heaney Trail Development. http://www.midulstercouncil.org/Council/News/News-January-2016/Almost-%C2%A3700K-From-Heritage-Lottery-Fund-For-Seamus. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- Muldoon. 2013. Cuthbert and the Otters. Times Literary Supplement, December 20. http://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/public/cuthbert-and-the-otters/. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- National Library of Ireland. 2011. Heaney Donates Archive to the NLI. http://www.nli.ie/en/list/latest-news.aspx?article=8403d69b-332e-4004-959d-c363eb178c0f. Accessed 16 Feb 2020.
- Ramazani, Jahan. 2015–16. Seamus Heaney’s Globe. The Irish Review, 2015(49–50): 38–53. Also Published in ‘After Heaney,’ Themed Issue, Irish Pages 9(1) (2016).Google Scholar
- Rutherford, Adrian. 2016. QUB Rift Grows as Seamus Heaney Centre Opens in Bellaghy. Belfast Telegraph, September 28. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/qub-rift-grows-as-seamus-heaney-centre-opens-in-bellaghy-35085242.html. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- Seamus Heaney HomePlace. 2017. Across the threshold: Season 2, January–March 2017. https://www.seamusheaneyhome.com/SeamusHeaney/media/SeamusHeaney/Publication%20Files/SHHP-Season-2-Programme-final-low-res-version-for-web_1.pdf. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- Seamus Heaney HomePlace. Step into HomePlace. http://www.seamusheaneyhome.com/visit-homeplace/step-into-homeplace/. Accessed 20 Mar 2017.
- Sulcas, Roslyn. 2016. Celebrating Seamus Heaney’s Legacy, at His Birthplace. The New York Times, October 11. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/arts/international/celebrating-seamus-heaneys-legacy-at-his-birthplace.html?_r=1. Accessed 20 Jan 2020.
- Vendler, Helen. 2014. Coda. Irish Pages 8 (2): 19–22.Google Scholar