Emphasis on Social Media Analytics in Corporate Decision-Making
- 21 Downloads
Social media has emerged after the web has stopped being a content generator from a top to bottom approach. In a constant acceleration since the first mail was sent more than fifty years ago, the Internet has linked the world and each individuals are now connected to each other’s. The six degrees of separation that were imagined in 1929 by the Hungarian writer Frigyes Karinthy reveal all the power of interconnectivity: Each one of us can be in contact with every other Internet user on the planet by means of a chain of five successive contacts.
- Karinthy, F. (1929). Chain Links. Available from https://djjr-courses.wdfiles.com/local-files/soc180%3Akarinthy-chain-links/Karinthy-Chain-Links_1929.pdf.
- Ortiz-Ospina, E. (2019). The Rise of Social Media: https://ourworldindata.org/rise-of-social-media.
- Rifkin, J. (2011). The Third Industrial Revolution: How Lateral Power Is Transforming Energy, the Economy, and the World. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Statista. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/chart/6810/the-future-of-ai/.
- Statista. (2019). Retrieved from: eMarketer; American Marketing Association, Statista, 2019 Worldwide Internet, Social Network and Mobile Users Q2 2014, p. 34.Google Scholar