Social Media vs Traditional Marketing
- 27 Downloads
The author introduces the concept of communication, leading to rise and evolution of social media nowadays. The chapter focuses on the integration of social media marketing as a solid tool of communication in the business world. Afterwards, a contrast between traditional marketing tools and new/modern marketing tools based on the PESO model. Finally, the author offers a hands-on recommendations based on best practices marketing strategies that could be used.
- Armstrong, G., Kotler, P., & Opresnik, M. O. (2017). Marketing an Introduction (13th ed.). London: Pearson Education, Global Edition.Google Scholar
- Edelman, D. (2014). Mastering Digital Marketing, Interview, McKinzey and Company. https://assets.mckinsey.com/business-functions/marketing-and-sales/our-insights/mastering-digital-marketing. Accessed on August 20, 2019.
- GlobalWebIndex. (2012–2018). https://www.globalwebindex.com/hubfs/Downloads/Social-H2-2018-report.pdf. Accessed on September 7, 2019.
- IPG Magna: Global Advertising Revenue Forecasts Spring Update. (2016, August). US Media Forecasts: Methodology and Definitions. Available from firstname.lastname@example.org.Google Scholar
- Statista. (2017). https://www.statista.com/statistics/274774/forecast-of-mobile-phone-users-worldwide/. Accessed on August12, 2019.
- Statista. (2019). https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/. Accessed on August12 2019.
- Strauss, J., & Frost, R. (2014). E-marketing. Pearson Education.Google Scholar
- Walter, E., & Gioglio, J. (2015). The Power of Visual Storytelling: How to Use Visuals, Videos, and Social Media to Market Your Brand. New York: McGraw Hill Education.Google Scholar
- Westerman, G., Bonnet, D., & McAfee, A. (2014). Leading Digital: Turning Technology into Business Transformation. Cambridge: Harvard Business Press.Google Scholar