The Products of Research: Publication and Beyond
- 106 Downloads
This chapter discusses the products of research and their dissemination. It focuses on scientific publications and on the peer review process that guarantees their quality. It also discusses other forms of dissemination that are becoming quite common, like artifacts and datasets. It describes the publication world, which includes publishers and professional societies. It also is discusses the current trend towards open science and in particular open access to publications.
- 1.ACM: Artifact review and badging URL https://www.acm.org/publications/policies/artifact-review-badging
- 45.Ramsey, N.: Learn technical writing in two hours per week (2006). URL https://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/pubs/two-abstract.html
- 47.for Research & Innovation, E.C.D.G.: H2020 Programme – Guidelines to the Rules on Open Access to Scientific Publications and Open Access to Research Data in Horizon 2020 (2017). URL http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/grants_manual/hi/oa_pilot/h2020-hi-oa-pilot-guide_en.pdf
- 55.Strunk, W., White, E.: The Elements of Style. Longman (2009)Google Scholar
- 56.Suber, P.: Open Access. The MIT Press (2012)Google Scholar