Construction of the Mechanical Model of Keratoprosthesis of the Ocular Cornea
- 29 Downloads
By developing ocular prostheses, a number of problems arise, one of which is the design of the connection between the rigid optical part and the soft tissue of the cornea; their Young’s modules can differ by three orders of magnitude. In this case, the problem arises of creating some intermediate layer, possibly with gradient properties, the purpose of which is to exclude injury to soft biological tissues. An analytical and finite element modeling of the interaction of a cylindrical optical prosthesis, an intermediate heterogeneous layer and the cornea, in the framework of elastic media, in two versions: (i) without taking into account curvature (round plate) and (ii) taking into account curvature (spherical dome or shell), was performed. In a simplified model, the intermediate layer is represented as a spring layer, the determination of the rigidity of which will allow one to create an original design. Based on the proposed models, the stress-strain state of soft biological tissues was calculated.
This research was supported by the Government of Russian Federation (grant no. 14.Z50.31.0046).
- 1.S.N. Fedorov, Z.I. Moroz, V.K. Zuev, Keratoprosthetics. Moscow, Medicine, 144 p. (1982) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Patent US 5713956 A, IPC A61F2/14 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Patent US 5489301, IPC A61F2/14 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Patent US 6106552, IPC A61F2/14 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.V.E. D’yakov, Y.S. Astahov, R.T. Hapchaev, Y.A. Kortunov, L.M. Fedotova, Keratoprosthesis. Patent RU2270643C1 IPC A61F2/14 A61L27/56 (2006) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.V.E. D’yakov, Y.S. Astahov, E.V. Bojko, N.A. Ushakov, R.T. Hapchaev, Y.A. Kortunov, L.M. Fedotova, The implant to strengthen the cornea, RU2270642C1 IPC A61F2/14 A61L27/56 (2006) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.A.A. Berezovskaya, V.N. Hodorenko, I.V. Zapuskalov, V.E. Gyunter, Keratoprosthesis and method of surgical treatment of cataracts with its help, RU2367379C1 IPC A61F2/14 A61F9/07 (2009) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.A.N. Epihin. Combined keratoprosthesis, RU2707646C1 IPC A61F9/07 A61F2/16 (2019) (In Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.V. Novackij, Theory of Elasticity. Moscow, Mir, 864 p. (1975) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.S.V. Boyarshinov, Machine-Building Mechanics. Moscow, Mashinostroenie. 456 p. (1973) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 11.A.V. Belokon, V.A. Eremeyev, A.V. Nasedkin, A.N. Solov’yev, J. Appl. Math. Mech. 64(3), 367 (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.A.V. Belokon, A.V. Nasedkin, A.N. Solov’yev. J. Appl. Math. Mech. 66(3), 481 (2002)Google Scholar