Security Rights in Intellectual Property in Brazil
- 17 Downloads
This chapter addresses transactions related to intellectual property (“IP”) where IP rights serve as a security for the credit. Since there is no specific statutory provision in Brazil regulating security over IP rights, this chapter will address the general rules that are relevant to this matter in the country. Among other topics, this chapter encompasses an overview of IP rights in Brazil; the categories of security rights; the structure of the related transactions; the priorities of a security right in insolvency processes; enterprise charges; rights before default; enforcement; typical costs; and legal and practical challenges in this matter.
- Burton BW, Bienias E, Quinn CK (2014) Financing Alternatives for Companies: Using Intellectual Property as Collateral. https://www.srr.com/article/financing-alternatives-companies-using-intellectual-property-collateral#sthash.XO9IaFyh.dpuf. Accessed 10 Dec 2018
- da Silva Pereira CM (2017) Instituições de Direito Civil, Vol IV, 25th edn. Forense, Rio de JaneiroGoogle Scholar
- Gomes O (2012) Direitos Reais, 21th edn. Updated by Luiz Edson Fachin. Forense, Rio de JaneiroGoogle Scholar
- Loureiro FE (2018) Livro III - Do direito das Coisas. In: Coordenador Ministro César Peluso (ed) Código Civil Comentado, 12th edn. Manole, Barueri/SPGoogle Scholar
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (2011) UNCITRAL Legislative Guide on Secured Transactions – Supplement on Security Rights in Intellectual Property. United Nations Publication. http://www.uncitral.org/pdf/english/texts/security-lg/e/10-57126_Ebook_Suppl_SR_IP.pdf. Accessed 10 Dec 2018