Methodical Approach to Optimization of Housing Cost in the Housing Market of Ukraine
- 11 Downloads
In this article, for the first time, a system of econometric models is developed. The system reflects the dependence of the mediate cost for 1 m2 of housing in the Ukraine housing market on the demand (population income) and supply (volumes of commissioned housing and manufactured construction products), as well as the dependence of demand and suggestions from factors of influence. On the ground of the developed econometric models system, an optimization function of the minimum mediate cost for 1 m2 of housing was obtained, as well as the estimated values of supply and demand. According to the results of the calculations, the obtained predicted value is compared with the minimum, which indicates a reserve for improving the efficiency of the budget funds usage, which is directed to the construction or purchase of housing for some privileged categories of citizens. This research methodology can be used to determine the minimum mediate cost for 1 m2 of affordable housing at the level of Ukrainian regions.
KeywordsHousing market Mediation cost for 1 m2 of housing Econometric models Optimization function Decomposition
- 1.Pangallo, M., Nadal, J.-P., & Vignes, A. (2019). Residential income segregation: A behavioral model of the housing market. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 159, 15–35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jebo.2019.01.010.
- 2.Kulkarni, O., Jakhar, S., & Hudnurkar, M. (2014). A comparative study of relation between the national housing & building material cost and economic gap in India. Procedia Economics and Finance, 11, 695–709. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(14)00234-2.
- 3.Zheng, M., Wang, H., Wang, C., & Wang, S. (2017). Speculative behavior in a housing market: Boom and bust. Economic Modelling, vol. 61, 50–64 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2016.11.021
- 4.Napoli, G., Trovato, M. R., & Giuffrida, S. (2016). Housing affordability and incomethreshold in social housing policy. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 233, 181–186. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2016.05.345.
- 5.Halchynskyi, L. Y., & Stanislavchuk, Y. S. (2010). Ekonomiko-matematychne modeliuvannia dynamiky zminy stanu rynku budivnytstva v Ukraini. Ekonomichnyi visnyk NTUU “KPI”, 7, 246–249.Google Scholar
- 6.Kalynichenko, Y. V., Dobrovolska, V. V., Abramchuk, A. R. (2016). Modeliuvannia tendentsii rynku nerukhomosti. Ekonomichnyi analiz: zb. nauk. prats. Ternopilskyi natsionalnyi ekonomichnyi universytet, 23(1), 28–36.Google Scholar
- 7.Lahovskyi, V. V., & Paianok, T. M. (2018). Modeliuvannia dynamiky rozvytku budivelnoi haluzi Ukrainu. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy economiky, 23, 710–716.Google Scholar
- 8.Shaposhnikova, I. O. (2018). Analiz chasovykh riadiv pervynnoho rynku zhytlovoi nerukhomosti m. Kyieva. Ekonomichnyi visnyk universytetu, 36(1), 139–147.Google Scholar
- 10.Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/. Last accessed September 10, 2019.
- 11.Khalafian A. A. (2007). STATISTICA 6. Statisticheskii analiz dannykh: uchebnik. 3-e izd. OOO “Binom-Press”.Google Scholar
- 12.UNIAN. https://www.unian.ua/economics/realestate/10372926-u-minregioni-pidrahuvali-skilki-koshtuye-budivnictvo-kvadratnogo-metra-zhitla-v-ukrajini.html. Last accessed September 12, 2019.