The Spatial Arrangement and Structural Solutions Concept of a Small Rural Public Building in Ukraine
- 12 Downloads
Purpose of the article is to develop the small rural public building spatial arrangement and structural solution concept that meets following requirements: compactness; planning decisions flexibility; inclusivity; construction scheme integrity and rigidity; construction and operational building costs reduction; materials consumption reducing with their energy efficiency increasing; construction time reducing; durability; labor costs reducing and heavy machinery use reduction. The research methodology involves a comprehensive approach in formulating a concept, based on literary sources analysis and domestic and foreign experience, identifying the criteria that it should meet. Actual rural public buildings types are identified: cooperative public buildings; libraries; administrative service centers; clinical primary care centers; public safety centers. The small rural public building spatial arrangement solution is determined: one-story, maximum with one inner bearing wall, low plinth and pitched roof with large overhangs. The basic structural elements characteristics are determined: bases of bored and cast-in-place piles, connected by monolithic reinforced concrete grill; insulated floor on soil, which upper coupler structure allows partitions direct bracing; single-layer walls made of light concrete blocks; prefabricated reinforced concrete floor slabs; wooden rafter system; simple, double-slope roof, covered with steel profiled sheets with a protective coating. The scientific novelty is to formulate a requirements list for small rural public building spatial arrangement and structural solution, which corresponds to rural united territorial communities’ modern needs and capabilities. The developed concept introduction into design and construction practice throughout Ukraine will enable territorial communities to solve a large range of tasks independently according to available resources.
KeywordsCurrent nomenclature of rural public buildings Spatial arrangement and structural solution concept Inclusivity of buildings Flexibility of planning solutions Unification
- 1.Enerhetychna stratehiia Ukrainy na period do 2035 r. (2017). Bezpeka, enerhoefektyvnist, konkurentospromozhnist. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/605-2017-%D1%80.
- 2.Dudykevych, Y. (2013). Enerhooshchadni kotedzhi: metodyky proektuvannia budynkiv bez hazu. Lviv: Spolom.Google Scholar
- 3.Melnyk, A., Mavdiuk, A., & Pidlutskyi, V. (2017). Analiz zarubizhnoho dosvidu v perekhodi na masove zvedennia pasyvnykh budivel zarady enerhetychno nezalezhnoho maibutnoho. Mistobuduvannia ta terytorialne planuvannia, 65, 360–369.Google Scholar
- 4.Sanytskyi, M., Pozniak, O., & Marushchak, U. (2013). Enerhozberihaiuchi tekhnolohii v budivnytstvi. Lviv: Lvivska politekhnika.Google Scholar
- 5.Timchenko, R., Krishko., D., & Pluzhnik, A. (2017). Energeticheskaia nezavisimost zdanii. Mistobuduvannia ta terytorialne planuvannia, 63, 373–378.Google Scholar
- 8.Cheng, C. Y., Cheung Ken, K. S., & Chu, L. M. (2010). Thermal performance of a vegetaled cladding system on facade walls. Building and Environment, 45(8), 1779–1787.Google Scholar
- 10.The Rural Library Project: Building Libraries, Building Community. https://tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01616846.2014.910721?src=recsys&journalCode=wplq20.
- 11.Capital Funding for Rural healthcare. https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/topics/capital-funding.
- 12.What is good rural design? https://www.pps.org/article/what-is-good-rural-design.
- 13.Building the rural hospital of the future. https://www.healthcaredesignmagazine.com/architecture/building-rural-hospital-future.
- 14.Australia. A public building bringing together a rural community. https://www.domusweb.it/en/architecture/2018/10/03/australia-a-public-building-bringing-together-a-rural-community.html.
- 15.Service provision in rural areas concepts from vital rural area. http://www.vitalruralarea.eu/scientific-articles/238-service-provision-in-rural-areas-concepts-from-vital-rural-area.
- 16.Lytvynenko, T. (1999). Formuvannia silskykh maloobiemnykh kooperovanykh budivel ta ikh konstruktyvni osoblyvosti (PhD dissertation). Poltava: Poltava State Technical University.Google Scholar
- 17.Kuzmenko, T., & Dmytrenko, A. (2019). Aktualni typy silskykh hromadskykh budynkiv v konteksti terytorialnoi reformy. In Proceedings of the 10th International conference “Science and society” (March 15, 2019) (pp. 313–321). Hamilton, Canada: Accent Graphics Communications and Publishing.Google Scholar
- 18.Kuzmenko, T., Dmytrenko, A., & Milikova, N. (2019). Arkhitekturno-planuvalna orhanizatsia klinichnykh tsentriv pervynnoi medychnoi dopomohy v silskii mistsevosti Ukrainy. Arkhitekturnyi visnyk KNUBA, 17–18, 502–508.Google Scholar
- 19.Kuzmenko, T., & Dmytrenko, A. (2019). Tsentr hromadskoi bezpeky yak aktualna hromadska budivlia dlia silskykh poselen. Arkhitekturnyi visnyk KNUBA, 17–18, 509–513.Google Scholar
- 20.Shulyk, V., Obidnyi, O., & Halchenko, O. (2016). Pro formuvannia tsentriv hromadskoi bezpeky, peredumovy I dosvid proektuvannia. Mistobuduvannia ta terytorialne planuvannia, 62(part 1), 555–562.Google Scholar
- 21.DBN. (2018). V.2.2-40:2018. Inkliuzyvnist budivel i sporud. Minrehion Ukrainy, Kyiv.Google Scholar
- 22.Onyshchenko, O., Riabiko, H., Liakh, V., Dmytrenko, A., & Bondarenko, R. (2009). Teploefektyvnyi stinovyi blok. Patent of Ukraine for utility model No. 42123 dated June 25, 2009.Google Scholar