Design of a Pipeline Inspection Mobile Robot With an Active Adaptation Mechanism
- 23 Downloads
This chapter is focused on mechanical design and 3D modeling of the pipe inspection robot. Design objective was focused on the original pedipulator structure with closed kinematic chain. Mechanical construction of the robot was described, actuator specifications were given and video inspection equipment was outlined. On the basis of the 3D robot model, possible configurations and thus possible operation environments were visualized and commented. A complete, detailed 3D model of the robot was shown with all components that served as an indispensable resource for modeling and simulations that helped in control system design.
- 1.Ciszewski M. Tracked mobile robot for pipe and duct inspection. MA thesis, AGH University of Science and Technology; 2012.Google Scholar
- 2.Giergiel J, Giergiel M, Buratowski T, Ciszewski M. Mechanizm pedipulatora do ustawiania pozycji modułu napedowego, zwłaszcza robota mobilnego. PL2238752016.Google Scholar
- 3.Allegro Microsystems LLC. Current sensor ACS712. 2014. http://www.allegromicro.com/~/media/Files/Datasheets/ACS712-Datasheet.ashx?la=en.
- 4.Inuktun Services Ltd. Microtracs. 2014. http://www.inuktun.com/crawler-tracks/microtracs.html. Accessed 12 Sep 2014.
- 5.Allwan Security. Icam125 color camera. 2014. http://www.allwan.fr/Inspection/UW-3060.htm. Accessed 15 Oct 2012.