Application of Perturb and Observe Algorithm for MPPT Technique in Association with MP Controller for Reducing the THD of Grid Connected PV Systems
- 84 Downloads
This paper proposes a new strategy for reducing total harmonic distortion (THD) in photo voltaic (PV) systems. Here, the perturb and observe (P&O) algorithm is introduced for maximum power point tracking (MPPT) technique in association with a model predictive (MP) controller for reducing the THD of the PV Systems. The performance of the proposed P&O algorithm is validated by comparing the THD of the PV system with the conventional incremental conductance (IC) method for MPPT.
KeywordsPerturb and observe algorithm MPPT MPC THD
Authors would like to thank TEQIP III. NIT Silchar for all the supports for carrying out the presented work in this paper.
- 1.Chander, S., Purohit, A., Sharma, A., Arvind, Nehra, S.P., Dhaka, M.S.: A study on photovoltaic parameters of mono-crystalline silicon solar cell with cell temperature. Appl. Energy 91, 395–404 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Metry, M., Bayhan, S., Balog, R.S., Rub, H.A.: Model predictive control for PV maximum power point tracking of single-phase submultilevel inverter. In: 2016 IEEE Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (PECI), Urbana, IL, pp. 1–8 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Shadmand, M.B., Mosa, M., Balog, R.S., Rub, H.A.: An improved MPPT technique for high gain DC-DC converter using model predictive control for photovoltaic applications. In: 2014 IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition - APEC 2014, Fort Worth, TX, pp. 2993–2999 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.El Tayyan, A.A.: A simple method to extract the parameters of the singlediode model of a PV system. Phys. Dept. 37, 121–131 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Shadmand, M.B., Mosa, M., Balog, R.S., Rub, H.A.: Maximum power point tracking of grid connected photovoltaic system employing model predictive control. In: Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), pp. 3067–3074. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar