Sine-Cosine Algorithm Based Automatic Load-Frequency Control of Hybrid Microgrid with Demand Side Management
- 83 Downloads
This work proposes an isolated hybrid microgrid with controllable loads for frequency control with demand-side management using Sine-cosine algorithm (SCA). The proposed microgrid includes solar thermal and wind-based renewable units, Diesel generator along with some controllable loads like Heat-pumps, Hybrid electric vehicles, and Freezers for demand-side management. The model is designed in MATLAB by taking into consideration of all the controllable and the critical loads. Initially, the system responses are simulated using Particle swarm optimization (PSO) and SCA, which interprets the superior performance of SCA over PSO. Further results are discussed using SCA optimized PID controllers to study the optimal frequency responses of the proposed microgrid in some specified scenarios to validate the system robustness.
KeywordsHybrid microgrid Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) Freezer Heat-pump Plugged-in-hybrid electric vehicle Sine-cosine algorithm Renewable Energy Sources (RES)
Authors would like to thank TEQIP III, NIT Silchar for all the supports for carrying out the presented work in this paper.
- 1.Latif, A., Das, D.C., Ranjan, S., Hussain, I.: Integrated demand-side management and generation control for frequency control of a microgrid using PSO and FA based controller. Int. J. Renew. Energy Res. 8(1), 188–199 (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Farrokh, R., Ali, I.: Demand response as a Market resource under the smart paradigm. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 1(1), 721–731 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Barik, K., Das, D.C.: Optimal load-frequency regulation of bio-renewable cogeneration based interconnected hybrid microgrids with demand response support. In: Proceedings of the 15th IEEE India Council International Conference (INDICON 2018), pp. 1–6, December 2018Google Scholar
- 5.Devika, J. Swarup, K.S: Price based demand response of an aggregated thermostatically controlled load for load frequency control. In Proceedings of National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), IIT-BHU, 12th–14th December 2012Google Scholar
- 6.Heating and Cooling with a Heat Pump (Home Heating and Cooling Series), Rev. ed., pp. 9–24. Energy Publication, Canada (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Gellings, C.W.: Demand Side Management: Concepts and Methods. Fairmont, Lilburn (1988)Google Scholar
- 14.Latif, A., Pramanik, A., Das, D.C., et al.: Plug in hybrid vehicle-wind-diesel autonomous hybrid power system: frequency control using FA and CSA optimized controller. Int. J. Syst. Assur. Eng. Manag. 9, 1147–1158 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13198-018-0721-1