Comparative Analysis of Impacts on Voltage Stability for Electrical Loading Loading in IEEE-14 Bus System
- 77 Downloads
This paper presents a study of the impact of the electrical load on the IEEE-14 bus system voltage stability (VS) under different system operating condition. For voltage stability assessment of a given operating point, various types of voltage stability indices (VSIs) have been proposed in the literature. In this paper, voltage stability of IEEE-14 bus test system is done for the impact of constant impedance, constant current and constant power loads (ZIP) load on voltage stability under normal condition, single line to ground fault (SLG), one generation tripped (OGT) and one line tripped (OLT). The results show various VSI magnitude with respect to line, the effect of loading on VS, the effect of SLG on VS, the effect of OGT on VS and effect of OLT on VS. Some important system operating conditions which are not considered in the literature are analyzed in this paper. These are helpful in practical situations for VS assessment of a particular line.
KeywordsVoltage stability indices (VSIs) Voltage stability (VS) Single line to ground fault (SLG) One generation tripped (OGT) One line tripped (OLT)
Authors like to thank TEQIP-III and Electrical Engineering Department for necessary support/funding for presenting this work.
- 1.Musirin, I.: TKA R.: on-line voltage stability based contingency ranking using fast voltage stability index (FVSI). In: Transmission Distribution Conference Exhibit Asia Pacific (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Moghavvemi, M., Omar, F.M.: Technique for contingency monitoring and voltage collapse prediction. In: IEE Proceedings-Generation, Transmission & Distribution, pp. 634–640 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Mohamed, A., Jasmon, G.B., Yusof, S.A.: Static voltage collapse indicator using line stability factors. J. Ind. Technol. 7(1), 73–85 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Fozdar, M.: Improvement of voltage stability and effects of loadability. In: IEEE Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC-06), vol. 2, pp. 486–490 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Araujo, F.B., Prada, R.B.: Distributed generation: voltage stability analysis. In: 2013 IEEE Grenoble Conference, Grenoble 2013, pp. 1–4. https://doi.org/10.1109/PTC.2013.6652097
- 10.Nagao, T.: Voltage collapse at load ends of power systems. Proc. IEE Jpn. 95(4), 62–70 (1975)Google Scholar
- 11.Kundur, P.: Power System Stability and Control. McGraw-Hill, New York (1994)Google Scholar