Unsteady Flow Behind an MHD Exponential Shock Wave in a Rotational Axisymmetric Non-ideal Gas with Conductive and Radiative Heat Fluxes
- 74 Downloads
The propagation of cylindrical shock wave in rotational axisymmetric non-ideal gas with conductive and radiative heat fluxes as well as axial magnetic field is investigated. The magnetic field, azimuthal fluid velocity and axial fluid velocity are assumed to be varying according to exponential law with distance from the axis of symmetry in the undisturbed medium. The similarity method has been performed to obtain the class of self-similar solutions. Distributions of gas-dynamical quantities are discussed.
KeywordsIonizing shock wave Non-ideal gas Rotating fluids Heat transfer effects
Author is thankful to Prof. M. K. Verma, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur 208016, India for fruitful discussions. This work was supported by the research grant no. TAR/2018/000150 under Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) scheme from the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), India. Author gracefully acknowledges financial support from SERB.
- 4.Elliott, L.A.: Proc. R. Soc. Lond. Ser. A. Math. Phys. Sci. 258(1294), 287–301 (1960)Google Scholar
- 9.Hartmann, L.: Accretion Processes in Star Formation, vol. 32. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2000)Google Scholar
- 22.Rao, M.R., Ramana, B.V.: J. Math. Phys. Sci. 10, 465–476 (1976)Google Scholar
- 27.Pomraning, G.C.: The Equations of Radiation Hydrodynamics. International Series of Monographs in Natural Philosophy. Pergamon Press, Oxford (1973)Google Scholar
- 29.Zel’Dovich, Y.B., Raizer, Y.P.: Physics of shock waves and high-temperature hydrodynamic phenomena. Courier Corporation (2012)Google Scholar