Consistencies in Fuzzy Spatiotemporal XML Updating
- 12 Downloads
Researches on spatiotemporal data based on XML has received increasing attention due to that XML has a lot of advantages such as extensibility and flexibility. Although XML has been employed to model and handle spatiotemporal data, relatively little work has been carried out to further investigate the consistencies of spatiotemporal data, especially fuzzy spatiotemporal data in XML documents. In this chapter, first a fuzzy spatiotemporal data model has been proposed, and then the structure of fuzzy spatiotemporal data in XML document is presented. After studying consistency conditions for fuzzy spatiotemporal data in XML documents, how updating operations, inserting operations, and deleting operations effect on consistencies of fuzzy spatiotemporal data in XML documents are demonstrated. Furthermore, the algorithm fixing these inconsistencies is presented. After investigating several characteristics of the three primitive changing operations on the fuzzy spatiotemporal data model, the performances of inconsistency fixing time are evaluated.
- Arenas, M., Fan, W., & Libkin, L. (2002). On verifying consistency of XML specifications. In Proceedings of the Twenty-first ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGART Symposium on Principles of Database Systems (pp. 259–270). Madison, Wisconsin: ACM.Google Scholar
- Arenas, M., Fan, W., & Libkin, L. (2005). Consistency of XML specifications. In Inconsistency Tolerance (pp. 15–41). Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- Campo, M., & Vaisman, A. (2006). Consistency of temporal XML documents. In Proceedings of the 2006 International XML Database Symposium (pp. 31–45). Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- Flesca, S., Furfaro, F., Greco, S., & Zumpano, E. (2005). Querying and repairing inconsistent XML data. In Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (pp. 175–188). Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- Haw, S. C., & Rao, G. R. K. (2007). A comparative study and benchmarking on xml parsers. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (pp. 321–325). Okamoto, Kobe, Japan: IEEE.Google Scholar
- Li, C. (2009). XML Parsing, SAX/DOM. In Encyclopedia of database systems (3598–3601). US: Springer.Google Scholar
- Megginson, D. (2010). Simple API for XML (SAX), http://www.megginson.com/downloads/SAX/.
- Stefanakis, E. (2001). A unified framework for fuzzy spatio-temporal representation and reasoning. In Proceedings of the 20th International Cartographic Conference (pp. 2678–2687). Beijing, China.Google Scholar
- Tan, Z., Wang, W., & Shi, B. (2006). Extending tree automata to obtain consistent query answer from inconsistent XML document. In Proceedings of the First International Multi-Symposiums on Computer and Computational Sciences (pp. 488–495). Hanzhou, China: IEEE.Google Scholar
- W3C Document Object Model (DOM). (2010). http://www.w3.org/DOM/.
- Wu, A., He, Q., Tan, Z., & Wang, W. (2008). A verifier for inconsistent XML document. In Proceedings of the 2008 International Symposium on Information Science and Engineering (Vol. 2, pp. 711–715). Shanghai, China: IEEE.Google Scholar