Developing and Fostering Smart Ecosystems
- 33 Downloads
Chitkara University Research and Innovation Network in India, and Innopolis University in Tatarstan are two ecosystems, which have received wide attention due to their innovative ways of using new technologies and teaching methods to prepare students for higher education, future employment, and entrepreneurship. This chapter draws attention to the students who are located in a learning environment which is filled with multitude of learning practices. The study also elaborates on the challenges that graduates face in getting jobs and discusses perspectives of these two universities.
KeywordsChitkara University Innopolis University Ecosystem Higher education Innovative technologies
- 1.Chitkara International School and Kindergarten. http://www.chitkaraschool.in/kindergarten-program/.
- 2.Gill, G. T. (2011). Case method informing with the case method: A guide to case method research, writing, & facilitation (562 pp.). Informing Science Press. Chitkara University, Punjab. https://www.chitkara.edu.in/.
- 3.Trimester-Based Academic System information. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304579637_Trimester-Based_Academic_System_in_Engineering_Institutes_Chitkara_University_-_A_Case_Study.
- 4.Information on Punjab and Punjab universities. Available at: https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/the_indian_states_-_oppurtunities_for_international_higher_education_col_.pdf.
- 5.DEXPERIENCE System, case study in Chitkara University. https://www.3ds.com/fileadmin/customer-stories/Chitkara_University_-_3DS_-_Tata_Technologies_case_study.pdf.
- 6.Chitkara University in Himachal Pradesh. https://www.chitkarauniversity.edu.in/.
- 7.Chitkara university national excellence award information. https://businesswireindia.com/news/fulldetails/mr-manish-sharma-president-ceo-panasonic-india-south-asia-conferred-with-chitkara-university-national-excellence-award-2018/58051.
- 8.HackerEarth Recruit System information. Available at: https://www.hackerearth.com/recruiters/customers/chitkara-university/.
- 9.Information on Chitkara competitors, employees and revenue. https://www.owler.com/company/chitkara#history.
- 10.Chitkara University ranking and Review. https://www.4icu.org/reviews/14345.htm.
- 11.Hydroponics Greenhouse Farming information. Available at: https://www.shoutlo.com/articles/chitkara-univeristy-initiates-hydroponic-farming-startup.
- 12.Innopolis, Ecosystem website (in Russian). https://innopolis.ru/.
- 13.Innopolis, University. https://university.innopolis.ru/en/.
- 14.Innopolis, Annual report, https://university.innopolis.ru/upload/iblock/026/IU_AR2018_eng.pdf.
- 15.Turban, E., & Aronson, J. E. (2001). Decision support systems and intelligent systems (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. (Copy-right 2001).Google Scholar
- 16.The Changing Landscape of Disruptive Technologies: Tech hubs forging new paths to outpace the competition, KPMG Report, March 2018, https://info.kpmg.us/content/dam/info/tech-innovation/pdfs/2018/tech-hubs-forging-new-paths.pdf.
- 17.Software Engineering Institute. www.sei.cmu.edu/.
- 18.Gromoff, A. (2010). A study of the subject-oriented approach for automation and process modeling of a service company. S-BPM ONE, 2010, 192–206.Google Scholar
- 19.Zykov, S. (2016). Crisis management for software development and knowledge transfer. Issue 61: Springer series in smart innovation, systems and technologies (133 p.). Cham: Springer International Publishing.Google Scholar