Collaboratively Learning and Developing a Tool Kit for GPS Anti-jamming
- 24 Downloads
In this paper, we propose to collaboratively learn and develop a training kit/material i.e., global positioning system (GPS) anti-jamming using antenna array, for junior engineers of information and communication technology (ICT) and related fields. When a signal is transmitted from the GPS satellite, it can be jammed by various techniques in the space. Due to increased usage of GPS applications in daily life, it has been found that many ICT students are interested to learn and visualize its core functionality especially about the GPS anti-jamming in their major communication courses. Although anti-jamming can be obtained by various techniques, using antenna array and RF couplers to achieve anti-jamming is an interesting technique which we aim to explore in this paper as a part of collaborative learning and developing educational tool to be helpful for junior ICT students.
KeywordsCollaborative learning ICT Training kit GPS Anti-jamming
The authors wish to acknowledge the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan for the financial support of bachelors engineering students with their relative field Professor to carry out this research work and their final year project at KIET Karachi, Pakistan.
- 2.Wu, K., Zhang, L., Shen, Z., Zheng, B.: An anti-jamming 5-element GPS antenna array using phase-only nulling. In: 2006 6th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, Chengdu, pp. 370–373 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, H.-S., Kim, B.-G., Moon, S.-W., Kim, S.-H.: Design of a high dynamic-range RF ASIC for anti-jamming GNSS receiver. JPNT 4(3), 115–122 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Brown, A.: High accuracy GPS performance using a digital adaptive antenna array. In: Proceedings of ION National Technical Meeting, Long Beach, CA, January 2001Google Scholar
- 5.Brown, A., Reynolds, D., Tseng, H.W., Norgard, J.: Miniaturized GPS antenna array technology. In: Proceedings of the ION 55th Annual Meeting, Cambridge, June 1999Google Scholar
- 7.Kizilbey, O., Palamutçuoğullari, O.: 3.3–3.7 GHz 180° hybrid coupler design. In: 30th URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, vol. 2, no. 4, August 2011Google Scholar
- 8.Shaikh, S.A., Tonello, A.M.: Performance analysis of 180° HRR coupler used for direction finding with an antenna array. Int. J. Online Biomed. Eng. 13(10), 86–102 (2017)Google Scholar