Entrepreneurship Game Concept “Create Products”
- 16 Downloads
Members of the Federal Working Group “Entrepreneurship for Engineers” of the Austrian Ministry of Education, Science and Research developed a board game for one of the earliest steps in innovation management – for the task generation of ideas for further product development.
The purpose of the project was to develop a board game for product development for engineering students (first task group - students at higher colleges for engineering in Austria) that answers the following question: How should an attractive board game for product development look like, that has to fulfill several requirements for the usage in a class teaching environment?
The players learn four different creativity techniques (including their pros and cons) – while playing the game. The four techniques are brainstorming, random/emotive words, inventive principles and trends of evolution. The last two are out of the TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving) toolbox.
KeywordsGamification Board game Entrepreneurship Idea generation Creativity TRIZ
- 1.Dixo, D., et al.: Gamification: Toward a Definition (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Bers J.A., et al.: Extending the Stage-Gate Model to Radical Innovation - the Accelerated Radical Innovation Model (2012). https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13132-012-0131-6CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.https://litemind.com/creativity-roles/, 01 June 2019
- 5.https://www.quora.com/What-are-random-words, 01 June 2019
- 9.EU-Project “TETRIS – Teaching TRIZ at School”, Handbook, English (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Ikovenko, S.: Training Material for the International TRIZ Association MA TRIZ (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Mann, D.: Hands-On-Systematic Innovation (2007)Google Scholar