Implementing Material Changes in Augmented Environments
- 4 Downloads
Augmented and virtual reality technologies are becoming mature, and headsets prices are continuing to come down. Having the functionality to improve people’s live and make them more productive could help create a demand. This paper looks at one such practical application that could help designers, architects, and home buyers to better visualize home setting. This application’s focus is how to change the material of an object from one appearance to another from within the application.
KeywordsAugmented reality Virtual reality Augmented environment
This paper is based on an independent study which the first author undertook during the Spring 2019 with the second author. The independent study paper was entitled: Material Changes in Augmented Environments, Adam Pike, pp. 1–5 (Spring 2019).
- 2.Wang, X.: Mutually augmented virtual environments for architectural design and collaboration. In: Dong, A., Moere, A.V., Gero, J.S. (eds.) Computer-Aided Architectural Design Futures (CAAD Futures) 2007. Springer, Dordrecht (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Image taken from website: https://hackernoon.com/why-is-occlusion-in-augmented-reality-so-hard-7bc8041607f9
- 6.Höft, N., Schulz, H., Behnke, S.: Fast semantic segmentation of RGB-D scenes with GPU-accelerated deep neural networks. In: Proceedings of 37th German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI) (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Feng, Q., Shum, H.P.H., Morishima, S.: Occlusion for 3D object manipulation with hands in augmented reality. In: MIRU 2018: Proceedings of the 2018 Meeting on Image Recognition and Understanding, Sapporo, Japan, August 2018Google Scholar
- 8.ACM Woodstock Conference. Image taken from website: https://www.mecanoo.nl/Media/Model-Workshop-2017-11-22
- 9.WOODSTOCK 2018, El Paso, Texas USA, June 2018. https://doi.org/10.1145/1234567890. Image taken from website: https://video.architecturaldigest.com/watch/this-hologram-table-could-revolutionize-architecture-2017-11-22. ISBN 978-1-4503-0000-0/18/06
- 10.Pike, A.: Architectural Modelling in Augmented Reality. MS Project Advisor: Dr. SK Semwal, Department of Computer Science, pp. 1–31, Summer 2019Google Scholar