The Analysis of Worldwide Research on Artificial Intelligence Assisted User Modeling
- 23 Downloads
Information and communication technologies is being heralded as a catalyst for educational innovations. Artificial intelligence (AI) assisted user modeling has attracted great increasing interests from the academia with a growing research articles available. In this article, a bibliometric analysis of scientific literature concerning AI assisted user modeling was carried out. 333 articles from Web of Science were retrieved and analyzed to comprehensively understand trends and developments of the research field. Specifically, we analyzed the articles in terms of article count and citation count, influential journals, subjects, authors, and keyword occurrence. Finally, special attention was paid to the study of leading countries/regions and institutions. Findings of this work are useful in helping scholars as well as practitioners better understand the development trend of research of AI assisted user modeling, as well as being more aware of the research hotspots.
KeywordsArtificial intelligence User modeling Bibliometric analysis Research hotspots Topic evolution
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.61772146).
- 1.Mwanza, D., Engeström, Y.: Pedagogical Adeptness in the Design of E-Learning Environments: Experiences from the Lab@ Future project. In: E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, pp. 1344–1347. AACE (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Leow, F.T., Neo, M.: Interactive multimedia learning: innovating classroom education in a Malaysian University. Turkish Online J. Educ. Technol.-TOJET 13(2), 99–110 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Chen, X., Ding, R., Xu, K., Wang, S., Hao, T., Zhou, Y.: A bibliometric review of natural language processing empowered mobile computing. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 2018 (2018) Google Scholar
- 17.Chen, X., Hao, J., Chen, J., Hua, S., Hao, T.: A bibliometric analysis of the research status of the technology enhanced language learning. In: Hao, T., Chen, W., Xie, H., Nadee, W., Lau, R. (eds.) SETE 2018. LNCS, vol. 11284, pp. 169–179. Springer, Cham (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03580-8_18CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Chen, X., Chen, B., Zhang, C., Hao, T.: discovering the recent research in natural language processing field based on a statistical approach. In: Huang, T.-C., Lau, R., Huang, Y.-M., Spaniol, M., Yuen, C.-H. (eds.) SETE 2017. LNCS, vol. 10676, pp. 507–517. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71084-6_60CrossRefGoogle Scholar