Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality-Based Kansei, Emotional, and Cognitive Science and Engineering
- 18 Downloads
In modern Japanese society, managing a super-aged society is an urgent task, and high demands exist for ensuring safety and comfort. Hence, the elucidation of human cognition, judgment, and behavior is important. This paper introduces a new trend of approaches, including the engineering approach to kansei and cognition. Various technologies such as noninvasive living body information measurement, artificial intelligence, internet of things, virtual reality, and human–machine interface have been integrated, and the new kansei, emotional, and cognitive science and engineering have become a basic technology for improving quality of life.
- 1.Watanuki K (2018) Noninvasive measurement technique of brain activity and its application to Kansei design and human-machine interfaces, J Jpn Soc Des Eng 53(9):668–677 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Picard RW (1997) Affective computing. MIT Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 3.Watanuki K (2011) A mixed reality-based emotional interactions and communications for manufacturing skills training. Springer, Emotional Engineering, pp 39–61Google Scholar
- 7.Hirayama K, Watanuki K, Kaede K (2012) Brain activation analysis of voluntary movement and passive movement using near-infrared spectroscopy. Trans Jpn Soc Mechan Eng Ser C 78(795):3803–3811 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 9.Osawa Y, Watanuki K, Kaede K, Muramatsu K (2019) Study on gait discrimination method by deep learning for biofeedback training optimized for individuals. Adv Intell Syst Comput (Springer) 903:155–161Google Scholar