- 5 Downloads
This chapter presents the conclusions of the book. The chapter starts with a summary of the whole book. This is followed by a discussion of the key findings. Given the book’s multi-disciplinary approach, cross-cutting through three disciplines including International Relations, International Development Studies, and Policy Studies, the chapter explains the books’ contribution to the disciplines. The chapter ends by presenting policy lessons for both governments of donor countries and faith groups.
- Appleby, S. R. (1999). The ambivalence of the sacred: Religion, violence, and reconciliation. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield.Google Scholar
- Etzioni, A. (1995). The spirit of community. London: Fontana.Google Scholar
- Lowndes, V., & Chapman, R. (2005). Faith, hope and clarity: Developing a model of faith group involvement in civil renewal (Civil Renewal Research Programme: Main Report). De Montfort University, Leicester.Google Scholar
- Miller, D., Avineri, S., & de-Shalit, A. (1992). Communitarianism and individualism. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Mintz, A. (2003). Integrating cognitive and rational theories of foreign policy decision making. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Rice, X. (2011, July 22). Somali rebels deny lifting ban on foreign aid groups. The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/22/somali-rebels-deny-lifting-ban. Accessed 29 Oct 2019.
- Robbins, M. (2011, July 15). Vaccines, the CIA, and how the war on terror helped spread polio in Nigeria. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/science/the-lay-scientist/2011/jul/15/1. Accessed 29 Oct 2019.
- Tam, H. (1998). Communitarianism: A new agenda for politics and citizenship. London: Macmillan Press.Google Scholar
- Tran, M. (2011, July 28). Calls for aid agencies to channel famine relief through Somali NGOs. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2011/jul/28/somalia-famine-aid-relief-insurgents. Accessed 29 Oct 2019.
- Walsh, D. (2007, February 23). Polio cases rise after vaccination scare. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/23/outlook.development1. Accessed 29 Oct 2019.
- WHO. (2004). Changing history. World Health Report. https://www.who.int/whr/2004/en/report04_en.pdf. Accessed 29 Oct 2019.