Influence of Rail Corrugation on Fatigue Life of Bogie Frame of High-Speed EMU
- 141 Downloads
In order to evaluate the influence of rail corrugation on the fatigue life of bogie frame of high-speed EMU, a vehicle system dynamics model considering rigid-flexible coupling was established considering flexibility of bogie frame. The dynamic stress of the key part of bogie frame was obtained on the measured track irregularities in the presence of rail corrugation. Fatigue life of key parts of bogie frame was predicted according to modal superposition method and nominal stress method. The results show that the rail corrugation will increase the fatigue cumulative damage of the key parts of bogie frame and shorten its overall service life. Structural fatigue damage due to rail corrugation should be taken into consideration when designing bogie frame structure of high-speed EMU. Structural optimization design of key parts of bogie frame should be conducted based on vibration fatigue life prediction.
KeywordsRail corrugation Bogie frame Fatigue life Rigid-flexible coupling Nominal stress method Modal superposition method
This project is supported by China Railway Corporation Science and Technology Research and Development Program (under grant 2017J003-B and 2016G008-F). This support is gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.Cao, J., Song, H., Liu, X., et al.: Analysis on fatigue life of high speed EMU non-powered axle based on ANSYS/FE-SAFE. China Railw. Sci. 38(1), 111–116 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, Z., Shi, G.: Fatigue life of railway wheel based on rigid-flexible coupling dynamic model of vehicle system. J. Railw. Sci. Eng. 13(3), 557–563 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Yang, Y.: Research on fatigue strength of welded bogie frame. Master Dissertation, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Mao, J.: Research on dynamic stress of bogie frame based on dynamics simulation considering structural elasticity. Master Dissertation, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Huang, J., Bo, J., Fu, M., et al.: Bogie fatigue simulation based on multi-body dynamics and finite element method. Diesel Locomotive 11, 9–12 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Liao, Y.: Research on fatigue of articulated bogie frame. Master Dissertation, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Miao, B., Xiao, S., Zhang, W., et al.: Research of fatigue life simulations applied to complex structure by MBS-FEM. J. Mech. Strength 30(1), 137–143 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Su, D.: Fatigue life prediction of key components of rail vehicles. Master Dissertation, Henan University of Technology, Luoyang, China (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, S.: Study on effect of rail corrugation on vehicle vibration and dynamic stress of frame. Master Dissertation, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China (2014)Google Scholar